HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

When you say "just like for Windows 2000", I assume you tried it with a different CMD since Windows Messenger isn't part of Windows 2000.
Oops, I forgot about that :blushing:.

When I didn't provide the full path, that Advanced INF Install error occurred. Does that mean I do need it for Windows 2003? It worked fine without on XP.

Edited by Super-Magician

I'd think not since it's newer than Windows XP, but try it. You don't need to run HFSLIP again for that; just edit your CMD in SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.

Edited by Tomcat76

With CMD files that are processed during setup, it is good practice to specify the full path to the files you are working to. Using system variables also helps. To get an idea of what variables are available open a cmd window and type in SET.

@FDV,

You could do the same to the link on your 2K SP5 page. http://users.telenet.be/tc76/winup/_win2k.html

:) But, thanks for updating the link on your XP page.

@Tomcat76,

Does it matter that I put 'START /WAIT' at the beginning of the main line in my script? I won't be able to test my 2003 install with the modded CMD until maybe Thursday.

Edited by Super-Magician

START /WAIT should work. I can't see a problem with that.

Those link problems are really strange. About a month ago, someone said FDV had the wrong links on his site and I apologized a few messages later for not alerting FDV of this. I can't find that thread anymore, though. And now three times in a row. How many links does FDV have on his site? :)

@FDV: the correct links are in my signature. They were all changed simultaneously a long time ago. I thought you were already aware of that for quite some time but apparantly not. Sorry if I got you confused.

That someone was me actually :lol:. After you *apologized*, I thought that FDV had seen my message. But the links were never changed (until now). When I posted that original message in the other thread, browsing to the links on your old server would turn up an error message (page not found). Now I see you have the redirect link on the page.

Maybe you should have the pages redirect automatically to the new links. That way, it'll be easier. FDV only has two links to your update pages - one on the XP/2003 page (for XP only; he has Bilou's link for 2003) and one on the 2000 page.

-- Super-Magician :)

Edited by Super-Magician

Hello

1. I have big problem. My setup stops in 9 minute near end of installation.

In spite it removal the content of catalogs: HFSVPK and HFAAO. Problem steps out from several version hfslip, but I had not time about this to write :>

2. After generating folder SOURCESS creates file MPDIR1.TXT with content : wpdmtp.inf

eeeee8ld.th.gif

ERROR_REPORT.zip

Until you can get some real advice from the devs, I can offer a bit of unqualified tester advice :huh:

You have lots of stuff in FIX. Is that OK with XP? I am a 2k user and I don't put nearly that much stuff in FIX...but I also don't have things like the theme support.

Has everything in your HF folder been used to generate a good ISO before?

Try running w/o HFCABS as well. Not sure how well-tested the support for those DX cabs is :unsure:

I don't have a freakin' clue about mpdir1.txt :(

Good luck!

@dziubek,

The current test release has a few problems that have not been ironed-out yet. Please test it with 60317, the most recent final release.

The MPDIR1.txt is left over from an earlier version of the WMP script section and is useless. Tomcat forgot to remove the line that creates the file.

@dziubek:

You're clearly mixing things. According to your ERROR_REPORT.TXT file, you're using 60322a but that version does not create MPDIR1.TXT. You surely forgot to remove it when you did a test with 60321a-wmp or 60321b-wmp before.

Try removing things from the FIX folder.

BTW... You got mplayerc.exe in APPREPLACEMENT. I could be wrong, but shouldn't it be named mplayer2.exe?

@TAiN:

The DX cabs are fully tested.

I'd like to release a final this weekend if there are no new issues with the latest test release. Nothing was changed in the way hotfixes or addons are handled so it's enough if you let Windows setup get through the initial file copy stage.

@dziubek:

Please try the latest test release. Hopefully your T-9 problem is resolved.

By no means is this version final.

2k/ie6/hfdrv and no driver merge and no cleanup. OK

2k/ie6/hfdrv/driver merge and no cleanup. Not OK. (txtsetup error).

Edited by tommyp