HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Fixed. Thanks.

I came across this problem once before, when I did the slipstreaming section. When you set a setter within a wrapper, it isn't yet "ready to be used" inside that wrapper. Really a stupid limitation of DOS...

Edited by Tomcat76

Does anyone use HFSLIP's built-in ISO creator? If you do, please give 60328a (or higher) a test run. I need to know if everything's OK with:

- CDIMAGE

- MKISOFS

- CDIMAGE + ISOconf.txt with customized settings

- MKISOFS + ISOconf.txt with customized settings

I'm gonna try to test as much as I can myself but if there are no positive responses this update won't make it into the upcoming final.

Thanks...

I don't use integrated iso creator but I know (from older tries with nLite) that mkisofs has problems when dealing with DVDs. It seems to me images can't be burned to DVDs.

I don't know what you're using but, for CDIMAGE, don't use the -o switch (encode files only once, thus sparing some space on the media), it causes some boot problems (on some computers, even recent ones, the media will not be bootable whereas it is on others).

My thoughts on CDIMAGE:

The -o switch is never a problem for me. If the disc does not appear to be bootable on some computers, it probably has to do with the BIOS settings. Optimizing the files should not mess up the boot image.

Images can indeed be burned to DVDs. I've used CDIMAGE for a multiboot DVD, and it works perfectly when I burn it with dvdburn (Microsoft command-line tool).

Edited by Super-Magician

I've been sharing my isos with friends.

Approximately 5/6 tried and there, 2 couldn't boot.

They are both used to install modded XP such as the LSD III (french one). They are far from being computer disabled and now I've removed the -o switch they can boot on the CD.

It used to spare 8129bytes so I disable it without any drawback. :rolleyes:

(one is using a Centrino1 VAIO, the other one has at least a P4@3GHz)

groovy. building with test version now.

(even if i can get it really cleaned out, i am still going to use win2000 for a while.)

i feel like creating a win 2003 poll, to guage demand for reduction work we've been doing.

This thread used to be 18 pages long. What happened to all of the original posts?

A little off topic: Just wondering - can a moderator edit a post but prevent the system from showing that the post was ever edited? Most edited posts will show something like this:

Edited by Super-Magician

A little off topic: Just wondering - can a moderator edit a post but prevent the system from showing that the post was ever edited? Most edited posts will show something like this:
I just loaded up a test installation of IPB to try this out. Admins can do it, and mods can do it if the admin gives them the privilege. Edited by TAiN