HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

I have read that there were some issues with xpize with media player compatibility. They may be fixed, but I just wanted to caution the users. If there are any issues with xpize, please report them to the proper forum. TC - Please state this when updating the main page when the beta gets out of beta phase.

On a sidenote, I tested xpize on 2k. It seems to work. Not sure if there are any issues yet. It's funny seeing an XP boot up screen on a 2k box.

Just an FYI... XPize is not slipstreamed. I asked for more info on this a couple of posts back but nobody got back on that. It is merely being installed through SVCPACK.

According to me You should contact Xpero yourself to get the necessary detailed information for You

http://xpero.msfn.org/?page=contact

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showuser=26650

or on forum?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=112

dziubek

Updated.

XPize**.exe in HF folder ==> slipstreamed

XPize**.exe in HF folder + answer file in HFTOOLS folder ==> silent svcpack install

Note that you'll probably need a modded sfc.dll or sfc_os.dll file if it's going to be slipstreamed. I'll add a check for the presence of these files in the next version.

Edit: Done.

Edited by Tomcat76

Changes in 60407d:

- improved detection of sfc.dl_/sfc_os.dll (accept sfc.dl_ in FDVFILES)

- updated support for XPize again (3)

- added option to delete *.CAT files from SVCPACK if sfc.dl_ or sfc_os.dl_ is detected in the FIX folder (displayed after multiboot path Q)

TC your're so proactive in incorporating suggestions like the removal of CAT files! :thumbup

this is great!

i'd like to learn though how to use, edit & implement sfc.dl_ or sfc_os.dl_ in the FIX folder ... as i've yet to confirm that it's presence is probably causing some issues for me (just like the ones i posted in the thread: HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

thanks much!

Updated.

XPize**.exe in HF folder ==> slipstreamed

XPize**.exe in HF folder + answer file in HFTOOLS folder ==> silent svcpack install

Note that you'll probably need a modded sfc.dll or sfc_os.dll file if it's going to be slipstreamed. I'll add a check for the presence of these files in the next version.

Edit: Done.

test 1:

*The files of CAT don't delete y when I choose Y :(

*Xpize doesn'tt swap files

When I start Creating ISO by Xpize using SOURCESS all by hand it acts correctly.

in atest2:

I changed in FIX the name of files on small letters

*The removing the files of CAT doesn't act

*Xpize doesn'tt swap files

dziubek

p.s

In attachment I added the list of files overwritten by Xpize

ERROR_REPORTs.zip

XPIze_files.zip

Edited by dziubek

dziubek - I found some coding probs and alerted TC about the fixes. There were about a half dozen or so. Please give a bit for TC to incorporate them.

Camarade_Tux - Good point about the extra folder creation on initial startup. All my source folders have the latest SP level so I never really bothered to think about it.