HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

The 912812 update supersedes 905915 and 910620 (IE 5.01SP4 only).

The 911567 update supersedes 823353, 887797, and 897715 on 2000 and XP SP1, and 887797 and 900930 on XP SP2.

the other 2 don't replace any updates to my knowledge.

the_guy

@fdv - Can you shed some light on setupapi.dl_? Are these different for all the OSs?

With the latest round of hotfixes, there are some additional files that msft is putting on our systems. One is for the kb908531 update. Why are they forcing additional files on our systems now? Please stand by, I'm sure TC already figured out what's missing, but I sent him some tips on fixing up the script for this. Anyway, the fixes I had were for 2k only. I didn't test for XP.

Not sure if someone answered your question yet, but to remove the CAT files, you need the modified SFC*.DLL in FIX (of course, use the correct one for your OS). After the multiboot path screen, the script will ask you whether to remove the catalogs.
Hi

SFCFILES.DL_]

Error from T -9 stepped out by file SFCFILES.DL_. I deleted his from FIX.

I use file sfc_os .dl_ only now.

dziubek

@Kiki Burgh - Ohhh, I see. We just had a filename mixup. You had "sfc_files.dll ... is not quite well compatible with winXP" but you meant SFC.DLL, not SFCFILES.

SFC.DLL without the word "files" in it is, in fact, for Windows 2000 only, as TP directs. SFCFILES is, after all, only just a list. So nothing to see here :lol:

thanks for these! :)

pardon me for the confusion ...

may i just know though where i could get the SFC*.DLL that would be compatible with my XPSP2 OS?

would there be anything else that i need to do other than this ... any editing for example?

Edited by Kiki Burgh

From a different thread... SFC_OS.DLL

No editing is required. Just drop the file into FIX.

Can you shed some light on setupapi.dl_? Are these different for all the OSs?

not much other than the DLLs are indeed different. the edits to them are pretty much the same. i was never good with assembly. oleg clued me in to where the edits are, passed on from x-pert. he could tell us more of whats going on.

<shines the secret x-pert signal into the sky>

Edited by fdv

Hello

testing the latestet build with the april hf, i'm having the following issues :

KB912812

KB911565

KB904942

not installed, here's my WU.txt and hflslip.log.

tested on a Corp Gold->SP2, fully working with the latest official build (06/01/06) and the march HF.

(anyway, any news for the april DX9 updates ?)

HFSLIP.zip

setupapi.dl_ is different on all OSs, but patching is the same (yet ;) ) - we just need to find right address. On the internet i saw couple methods for patching setupapi.dl_, but I prefer to stay on 8B FF 55 8B EC -> 33 C0 C2 30 00. If someone wants more info how to find right address in setupapi.dl_ - PM ;)

From NT Compatible:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/April_2006_Sec...age_s66225.html

This ISO-9660 CD image file contains the security update for Windows released on Windows Update on April 11th, 2006. This does not contain security updates for other Microsoft products. This CD image is intended for corporate administrators who manage large multinational organizations, who need to download multiple individual language versions of each security update, and who do not use an automated solution such as WSUS. Use this image to download multiple updates in all languages at the same time.

Caution: Be sure to check the individual security bulletins at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security prior to deployment of these updates to ensure that the files have not been updated at a later date.

>> April 2006 Security Release ISO Image

I used HFSLIP_60412b.CMD

I have the problem, during the work HFSLIP:

Expanding WindowsXP-KB884883-v8-x86-PLK.exe

TEMP\SP2QFE\comctl32.dll

TEMP\SP2QFE\explorer.exe

The number of copied files: 2.

Or WORK \ I386E \ ASMS defines I will name the file,

if the folder in the target folder

(F = file, D = folder)?

what I have to choose : F or D?

Edited by dziubek

(anyway, any news for the april DX9 updates ?)
EmRoD, I made a thread/topic for that. Just drop the "Apr2006_d3dx9_30_x86.cab" file into HFCABS, like for the previous DirectX for Managed Code updates.

(Just FYI, nothing will happen if you drop the XInput or XACT cabs into there as they aren't processed by HFSLIP.)

@Tomcat, did you receive the PM I sent you yesterday? It was just regarding the new hotfixes; you can actually disregard it now. I do have another question - will you be updating your update pages? I'd like to have a straight-forward list of what new hotfixes are needed and for which OS they are.

Edited by Super-Magician