HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

dziubek, according to the directory listing at http://users.telenet.be/tc76/hfslip/test/, Tomcat has not yet uploaded 60412d. You should probably try again in a few minutes or so.

Here is the link to the previous test release: http://users.telenet.be/tc76/hfslip/test/HFSLIP_60412c.7z

Edited by Super-Magician

Is there a file called kb911565.cat in SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK?

What's the version of WMP.DLL in SOURCESS\I386\wmp.dl_? Is it 10.0.0.3990?

Is anyone else having this problem with KB911565?

Edited by Tomcat76

XPize**.exe goes in the HF folder. By default, HFSLIP will slipstream it into the SOURCESS folder which means that you'll have to use a custom sfc.dll/sfc_os.dll file. If you prefer to have it installed silently during SVCPACK, create an answer file in the HFTOOLS folder named xpize.txt containing a line starting with "XPIZESW=/S" followed by any additional switches you wish to use. Refer to Chapter 4 of the XPize guide to learn more about the supported switches.

Basic example: XPIZESW=/S

Custom example: XPIZESW=/S /norestore /nocursors

Note that if neither an answer file nor the appropriate sfc*.dl_ file exist, HFSLIP will create a basic answer file and do an svcpack install instead. This is basically a safety net for people who don't read instructions.

hi Tomcat76!

i just need to verify of this is correct for a file named xpize.txt?

XPIZESW=/S /norestore /notask

just 1 line inside the txt file?

would this take care of the next buttons already & successfully silently install?

XPize has a prompt for reboot while with still about 10-13 minutes left during OS install when slipstreamed without the txt file in HFTOOLS folder

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Is there a file called kb911565.cat in SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK?

What's the version of WMP.DLL in SOURCESS\I386\wmp.dl_? Is it 10.0.0.3990?

Is anyone else having this problem with KB911565?

I have also problems with KB911565, I have german Windows XP SP2, it integrates without problems, kb911565.cat is in the folder and wmp.dl_ has 10.0.0.3990 version. Still WU shows KB911565 and KB904942 as not installed.

I attach HFSLIP.LOG and also WU_MS.TXT (result of HFNETCHK -V -MS) and WU_SHAVLIK.TXT (result of HFNETCHK - V), because they give different results

Hope this helps

logs.zip

Does the problem with KB911565 also occur if you don't include the latest updates?

I normally test this thoroughly myself with every SP level but I can't do it before the weekend.

I can not check this , because WU doesn't work me :(.

After starting WU the toolbar appears:

"this window has to require ActiveX control WINDOWS UPDATE from MICROSOFT WINDOWS PUBLISHER"

Click to install.

After his installation appears the error:

[The number of the error: 0x8DDD0004]

Advices aren't effective from this message:

http://www.alegsa.com.ar/N/i24/Problem%20w...0x8ddd0004).php

dziubek

edit:

I used HFSLIP_60412d.CMD

HFSLIP.zip

Edited by dziubek

Microsoft released a second version of 911565 for Windows XP. It includes wmp.dll version 10.0.0.4019.

I also believe Microsoft re-released 904942.

the_guy

Yes, they fixed seeking issue KB912226, so new version number - though I don't know if it helps with HFSLIP issue :blink:

I'll try it (HFSLIP with new 911565 is running right now ;) )

but I haven't found a change in 904942, at least in german version.

Narag