Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

HFSLIP - Test releases

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2379 replies to this topic

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,678 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
It failed because I haven't tested it, don't plan on testing it and don't plan on troubleshooting it. I don't have 2003 and don't plan on buying 2003 either. Sorry to say, but HFSLIP is in maintenance mode at this point. Sometimes real life gets in the way of sitting in front of this machine.
Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05
Don't worry, thanks anyway.
I just thought it would be nice if it worked. I guess I'll just have to wait.

again, thanks for a wonderful project!

sabregreen

sabregreen

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06
OLE error shows up in setuperr using IE8 with unmodified "k" version of script. Still checking into this. Just an update.

roadrunner64

roadrunner64

• 13 posts
  • Joined 08-February 05
Anyone not getting the Showdesktop icon in quicklaunch not showing ?

I noticed mine was not showing up. Did some digging and found out in the IE8SLIP routine that it would call IE7_FIXES. But when it called this that variable IE7SLIPSTREAM was not defined. So in turn it ignored on making the scf file. I added a line which is "SET IE7SLIPSTREAM=1" before it executes the call and it creates the scf file.

Is there more to this then just added that line or is there more to it?
This is the end of my code:

FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B WORK\IE7\*.IEM') DO ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I = 1,,,,,,,1034,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,%%I
SET IE7SLIPSTREAM=1 <*****************************this is the line i added ****************************************************
CALL :IE7_FIXES
XCOPY/DY WORK\IE7\UPDATE\*.CAT WORK\SVCPACK >NUL
MOVE/Y WORK\IE7\*.* WORK\I386E
ECHO.
IF EXIST HF\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE7HFX=TRUE&CALL :HF1EXTRACT)
IF EXIST HF\BASIC\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\BASIC\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE7HFX=TRUE&CALL :HFBASIC)
IF EXIST HF\NOREG\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\NOREG\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE7HFX=TRUE&CALL :HFNOREG)
SET HF=
IF EXIST HFCABS\BRANDING.CAB CALL :IEBRANDING
IF DEFINED MOREBRAND XCOPY/DY WORK\IEBRAND WORK\I386E >NUL
EXPAND SOURCE\I386\IEACCESS.IN_ -R WORK >NUL
FINDSTR/L "[ShowIE]" WORK\IEACCESS.INF >NUL
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD @ECHO OFF
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD SET IEACCESS=
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD FIND /V /I "[Show" WORK\IEACCESS.INF^>WORK\IEACCESS1.INF
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD FIND /V /I "[Hide" WORK\IEACCESS1.INF^>WORK\IEACCESS2.INF
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD FIND /V /I "Commandline" WORK\IEACCESS2.INF^>WORK\IEACCESS3.INF
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD FIND /V /I "TickCount" WORK\IEACCESS3.INF^>WORK\IEACCESS4.INF
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD FOR /F "DELIMS=" %%%%I IN ^('FIND /V /I "----------" WORK\IEACCESS4.INF'^) DO ^(
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD IF DEFINED IEACCESS ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf %%%%I
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD SET IEACCESS=1
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ^)
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf [ShowIE]
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf Commandline="%%%%11%%%%\ie4uinit.exe -show"
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf TickCount=500
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf [HideIE]
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf Commandline="%%%%11%%%%\ie4uinit.exe -hide"
ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf TickCount=500
CMD/U/C "IEACCESS.CMD"
DEL/Q/F IEACCESS.CMD
) ELSE (
FINDSTR/VIBR "\[Show \[Hide Commandline TickCount" WORK\IEACCESS.INF>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf
ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf [ShowIE]
ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf Commandline="%%11%%\ie4uinit.exe -show"
ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf TickCount=500
ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf [HideIE]
ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf Commandline="%%11%%\ie4uinit.exe -hide"
ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf TickCount=500
)
IF EXIST SOURCE\I386\xmllite.dl* DEL/Q/F WORK\IE7\support\xmllite.dll
XCOPY/DY WORK\IE7\support WORK\I386E
GOTO :EOF
:EOF

geigs

geigs
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 15-January 07
For anyone wanting to do a clean install of Windows XP with the latest hotfixes as of May 25, IE8 and WMP11 slipstreamed, I just used the 1.7.9 beta release and it installed flawlessly with an original XP Pro OEM SP2 slipstreamed source. Except a very minor thing that has already been pointed out is the show desktop icon does not appear in the quick launch toolbar, but who cares. Thanks once again TommyP for the 1.7.9 beta release and keeping HFSLIP going this long.

Attached is my HFSLIP log

Attached Files

Edited by geigs, 26 May 2009 - 11:51 PM.

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
The reason the Show Desktop icon sometimes fails is that the quicklaunch dir needs to exist or it fails sometimes

When you slipstream a program that installs during T13/has a quicklaunch short you will not notice this error

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,678 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
geigs - please edit your post to zip the hfslip.log instead of full text. Thanks

sabregreen - any luck troubleshooting the IE8? Is it acceptable to call those lines of code ONLY when IE8 is slipstreamed?

Edited by tommyp, 26 May 2009 - 04:41 AM.

Posted Image

sabregreen

sabregreen

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06
@ geigs

Can you check your setuperr.log file in the "Windows" directory? I want to know if there are any errors in there when you slipstream IE8. Also, what kind of windows copy do you have, Volume License or Retail/OEM?

@ tommyp

for that block of code I added IF DEFINED IE8EXE to execute that block and I can get IE6/7 to work. IE8 works but there is still the OLE error in setuperr. Thats why I want to see if geigs is getting the same thing. I created three VM's to test all three versions at once. When I get home tonight I will see if anything is different as I am making small changes to narrow this down. Thanks!

roadrunner64

roadrunner64

• 13 posts
  • Joined 08-February 05

@ geigs

Can you check your setuperr.log file in the "Windows" directory? I want to know if there are any errors in there when you slipstream IE8. Also, what kind of windows copy do you have, Volume License or Retail/OEM?

As i used a Volume License and integrated IE8 also. The only line i added was shown in post 2002.
This is my contents of setuperr.log:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\occache.dll because of the following error:
GetProcAddress returned error 127 (the specified procedure could not be found).

sabregreen

sabregreen

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06

As i used a Volume License and integrated IE8 also. The only line i added was shown in post 2002.
This is my contents of setuperr.log:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\occache.dll because of the following error:

Perfect. Exactly what I needed. This verifies that the issue is in the code block. Thanks!

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05
Weird, I'm also slipstreaming xpsp3 (vol)+ie8+wmp11 and don't see any of those errors. It works just fine for me (except for the show desktop icon)

geigs

geigs
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 15-January 07
sabregreen, I have same error as roadrunner64 in my setuperr.log and am using a OEM version as my source.

whats is this error related to ? is it very serious ?

thanks

sabregreen

sabregreen

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06
I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't limited to the Volume License version which allows you to slipstream IE7. I'm not exactly sure what the error is but I'll keep digging. If you slipstream IE7 or keep IE6, you will get that error in setuperr.log, however, the IE icon on the desktop will not function properly.

So I'm still looking into this issue, just been rather limited on time with school and work. But I will keep digging at it.

Edited by sabregreen, 27 May 2009 - 03:51 PM.

sabregreen

sabregreen

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06

Weird, I'm also slipstreaming xpsp3 (vol)+ie8+wmp11 and don't see any of those errors. It works just fine for me (except for the show desktop icon)

Can you zip up your hfslip.log and post it?

Is your source already slipstreamed with sp3 or is hfslip doing it?

Thanks

sabregreen

sabregreen

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06
@jvidal

I only see your 2003 server hfslip log. When you get a chance, please post your XP hfslip.log.

krose

krose

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 05-September 05
I am getting the OLE error in setuperr.log too. Retail XP Pro SP3, IE8, HFSLIP 1.7.9 beta_k.

Edit: Don't know if this helps but if I try to register occache.dll manually with the command <regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\occache.dll"> I get the following error message: "C:\Windows\System32\occache.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file can not be registered."

Attached Files

Edited by krose, 29 May 2009 - 08:39 AM.

roadrunner64

roadrunner64

• 13 posts
  • Joined 08-February 05
From a previous install of windows xp with ie8 slipped streamed, i had noticed that my setuperr.log was empty, but further looking into the setuplog.txt there was this inlcuded towards the end!

05/02/2009 19:22:51.437,d:\xpsp\base\ntsetup\syssetup\ctls.c,444,,SETUP: file to register is C:\WINDOWS\system32\occache.dll...
05/02/2009 19:22:51.531,d:\xpsp\base\ntsetup\syssetup\log.c,133,,Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\occache.dll because of the following error:

So even if you don't have anything in the setuperr.log, you might want to look at this file too.

pr0fessor

pr0fessor

• 12 posts
  • Joined 24-March 08
on windows 2000 i get error. see attached files.

Attached Files

Edited by pr0fessor, 30 May 2009 - 02:55 PM.

System 1: 775dual-vsta, E5200, GV-NX86T256H-ZL, 2x1gb A-data DQVE1A16, FSP-400PNF, DVDRW NEC ND-3520AW, ST3500630A, HDT722516DLAT80, AC Freezer 7Pro, 32" Samsung LE32A330J1XXH, TDA1557Q@2x22W, loud-speakers 10W@4ohm, O.S. Windows2000
System 2: K7S5A+LAN, Duron 1600, 768MB DDR CL2, 10GB Samsung, CDRW TEAC CD-W54E, 9600XT GV-R96X128D, Modecom Feel 350W, O.S. Linux - Slackware11

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,678 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
pr0fessor - please check to be sure your hard drive has plenty of space and/or proper cd burning media. If it means anything, I have not verified KB888111 on w2k, which could be cause of the whole prob. On a sidenote, you want to consider updating your hotfix list, you have plenty of old ones that are superceded.

Edited by tommyp, 31 May 2009 - 05:10 AM.

Posted Image

krose

krose

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 05-September 05
I include KB888111 in my Win2K HF folder and have no problems.

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05
My source has SP3 already. I slipstream IE8, WMP11, all critical HFs, flash, WUA3, wu/mu cabs and it works just fine. Tried pro vol/pro OEM/Home. Works in all cases.
oops, sorry, ain't got it. I slipstreamed XP a while ago. It worked, so i deleted the log.
But there's nothing special in there, i tell you.

Edited by jvidal, 31 May 2009 - 10:38 PM.

sabregreen

sabregreen

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06
You are the only one so far that has said you don't have any errors. There must be something different then with your case. Can you create another slipstreamed xp disc. You don't get errors during setup or any pop ups. You only have errors in setuperr.log.

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05
Well, I did a little experiment last night.
I installed my slipstreamed XP OEM edition on a PC and everything went fine. I did, However, see the "occache.dll error" on the file setuperr.log, but everything works as expected. I thought you guys couldn't install windows or that a window popped-up saying that it couldn't register occache.dll. I haven't had that kind of problem.

BTW, haven't you guys thought that maybe the file occache.dll actually doesn't include the registering procedure (not all dll files include one), So maybe this is not HFSLIP's fault after all?
c ya!

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,678 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
jvidal brings up a very good point. Sometimes dlls can be registered, sometimes they can't. Perhaps someone has the same IE level as you have as on a regular non-hfslip'd machine? If they do, they can test to see if that troublesome dll really is registerable or not.
Posted Image

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05
Well, I tried "regsvr32 occache.dll" and got this answer "Occache.dll was unloaded, but the entry point DllRegisterServer was not found".
That's what makes me think this isn't a "registerable" Dll.
Someone already tried it, as well, same result.
I have Occache.dll v 8.0.6001.1872.
I have IE8 which was NOT slipstreamed (I installed it over IE7 some weeks ago)
Running XPSP3 which was installed from a slipstreamed CD that included IE7+WMP11+the other stuff (HF/cabs/wua/etc)

c ya!

Edited by jvidal, 01 June 2009 - 06:05 PM.