Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

HFSLIP - Test releases

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
2379 replies to this topic

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06
hi!
you may try looking into this if it would be any help ...
http://www.vorck.com/hfexpert.html

APPREPLACEMENT: Create a folder in HFEXPERT called APPREPLACEMENT. Place a renamed EXE file that is part of Windows.
Example 1 - SysInternal's Process Explorer, Renamed to TSKMGR.EXE
Example 2 - Media Player Classic, renamed to MPLAYER2.EXE

if i'm not mistaken mplayer.exe is for the classic media player that was in use in the DOS-based OS while mplayer2.exe is for the newer one that are in use in the NT-based OS ... ver diff ;)

oops ... sorry for the late post ...
the page i'm in was not refreshed

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 05 April 2006 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dziubek

dziubek

Friend of HFSLIP

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 26-November 04

Could You add new capabilities to already gigantic possibilities HFSLIP about next :

* If I have turned off WFP (hacked sfc_os.dll) I would like to have the possibility automatic the removing the files of CAT in catalog SVCPACK and file svcpack.inf

** It addition support for r XPize - Creating a XPized Windows ISO
Is compatible with nLite's hotfix integration.
http://xpero.msfn.org/?page=home

*** The integration the KB 905474 with source of installation

In advance thanks for considering suggestion

dziubek

Edited by dziubek, 06 April 2006 - 05:39 AM.

Posted Image

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Joined 15-January 06

* If I have turned off WFP (hacked sfc_os.dll) I would like to have the possibility automatic the removing the files of CAT in catalog SVCPACK and file svcpack.inf

Why do you want to remove the catalog files? They are required for Windows Update to think that the hotfixes are installed.

*** The integration the KB 905474 with source of installation

KB905474 cannot be integrated/slipstreamed because there is nothing to download. The KB article is just a informational page describing the Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications application. The application is installed/executed when Windows Genuine Advantage fails to validate a copy of Windows.

Although according to the KB article you can uninstall KB905474, I do not think you can slipstream it.

Also, why would you slipstream it in the first place? Does Windows Update/Automatic Updates ask you to install it? Isn't the application just a nuisance if it keeps popping up to say your Windows isn't genuine?

Edited by Super-Magician, 06 April 2006 - 07:48 AM.

Posted Image
--------------------
Posted Image

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
@dziubek...

What's that install prompt you're getting when going to the Windows Update site? What are you being asked to install?

I don't really understand your problem with My Documents. When you install on a VM, does Windows think your documents are located in C:\My Documents?

It's to be called "mplayer2.exe", yes. Appreplacement replaces files in I386 and the file you want to replace is called "mplayer2.ex_".

I've taken a look at the XPize program but I fail to see how nLite is being told which switches you want to use. Also, does this work from SVCPACK?

@Kiki

Try mplay32 from Run. That's not "the DOS player" but WMP 5.0.

Isn't the application just a nuisance if it keeps popping up to say your Windows isn't genuine?

It would be more of a nuisance if it flashed "Thank you for using a genuine copy of Microsoft Windows!" once in a while... :D

Edited by Tomcat76, 06 April 2006 - 08:14 AM.

Posted Image
Real-time support (Yahoo Messenger): hfslip_tc76
Update lists for HFSLIP finals: Win2K SP4 (2008-04-10), WinXP SP3 (2008-06-11) and Win2K3 SP2 (2008-05-25).

Inexperience Patcher 0.7.1 * NoSoftwarePatents.com * My computer

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05

Why do you want to remove the catalog files? They are required for Windows Update to think that the hotfixes are installed.

MBSA2 does not complain if they are removed and it uses the same engine as WU.

Edited by Camarade_Tux, 06 April 2006 - 10:17 AM.

Delprat

Delprat

Poll: Why are you reading this ?

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 18-May 05

MBSA2 does not complain if they are removed and it uses the same engine as WU.

I believe MBSA is actually *downloading* the signatures before checking the files.

KISSes from France !

Will you take part in the microwave oven contest on msfn.org ?

The best game ever created is open-source and cross-platform. Get it NOW !

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05
I'll check asap (maybe Saturday) but I don't think it does.

dziubek

dziubek

Friend of HFSLIP

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 26-November 04

Windows File Protection prevents the replacement of protected system files such as .sys, .dll, .ocx, .ttf, .fon, and .exe files. Windows File Protection runs in the background and protects all files installed by the Windows Setup program.
Windows File Protection detects attempts by other programs to replace or move a protected system file.
WU only checks for the reg entries and the file versions, so its no problem,but QFECHECk will say you you have to reinstall the most of the hotfixes.
Windows update scans for file versions. Not the cat files so windows update will still recognize the fact that Windows has been updated.
CAT files are used to register the files with Windows File Protection, so it knows they're valid and doesn't try to replace them.When I delete cat file from hotfix .All files from this hotfix will appear to be unsigned and won't be protected by Windows File Protection.If you disable sfc you dont need the cat files.
According to me after removal the files of CAT the installation runs more considerably quickly.

http://www.ryanvm.ne...topic.php?t=553

dziubek
Posted Image

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06

@Kiki

Try mplay32 from Run. That's not "the DOS player" but WMP 5.0.

hi!
what i meant by this was that basically this media player is the one present with the lower OS vers (i.e., Win98 & the like)
my apologies if it sent the wrong msg :}

as for removing the cat files, i agree that this actually hastens the installation process as i used to experience being stuck at 39 mins without any progress (for long hours) ... which was kinda apparent when i used nLite to slipstream multitude of hotfixes ... if i may quote:

click advanced, remove cat files ;) + disable windows file protecion in the patches section

its not stuck, just going through the files really slowly!

and i think tomcat76 would try to look into the possibility of adding the capability to do so via HFSLIP, right? ;)

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 07 April 2006 - 12:31 AM.

Posted Image

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
@Kiki: You didn't send the wrong message. I was just mentioning it as an aside.

407b is out. Support for XPize plus optional removal of CAT files if sfc.dl_ or sfc_os.dl_ are detected in FIX. :)
Posted Image
Update lists for HFSLIP finals: Win2K SP4 (2008-04-10), WinXP SP3 (2008-06-11) and Win2K3 SP2 (2008-05-25).

dziubek

dziubek

Friend of HFSLIP

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 26-November 04
WOW , I get for tests :-) Great respect for your support.

dziubek
Posted Image

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
I have read that there were some issues with xpize with media player compatibility. They may be fixed, but I just wanted to caution the users. If there are any issues with xpize, please report them to the proper forum. TC - Please state this when updating the main page when the beta gets out of beta phase.

On a sidenote, I tested xpize on 2k. It seems to work. Not sure if there are any issues yet. It's funny seeing an XP boot up screen on a 2k box.
Posted Image

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
Just an FYI... XPize is not slipstreamed. I asked for more info on this a couple of posts back but nobody got back on that. It is merely being installed through SVCPACK.
Posted Image

dziubek

dziubek

Friend of HFSLIP

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 26-November 04

Just an FYI... XPize is not slipstreamed. I asked for more info on this a couple of posts back but nobody got back on that. It is merely being installed through SVCPACK.

According to me You should contact Xpero yourself to get the necessary detailed information for You
http://xpero.msfn.org/?page=contact
http://www.msfn.org/...?showuser=26650

or on forum?
http://www.msfn.org/...p?showforum=112

dziubek
Posted Image

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
Updated.

XPize**.exe in HF folder ==> slipstreamed
XPize**.exe in HF folder + answer file in HFTOOLS folder ==> silent svcpack install

Note that you'll probably need a modded sfc.dll or sfc_os.dll file if it's going to be slipstreamed. I'll add a check for the presence of these files in the next version.

Edit: Done.

Edited by Tomcat76, 07 April 2006 - 01:42 PM.

Posted Image

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05
You're incredible. :thumbup:

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
Funny... My imaginary wife tells me the same thing... :)
Posted Image

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06

Changes in 60407d:
- improved detection of sfc.dl_/sfc_os.dll (accept sfc.dl_ in FDVFILES)
- updated support for XPize again (3)
- added option to delete *.CAT files from SVCPACK if sfc.dl_ or sfc_os.dl_ is detected in the FIX folder (displayed after multiboot path Q)

TC your're so proactive in incorporating suggestions like the removal of CAT files! :thumbup
this is great!

i'd like to learn though how to use, edit & implement sfc.dl_ or sfc_os.dl_ in the FIX folder ... as i've yet to confirm that it's presence is probably causing some issues for me (just like the ones i posted in the thread: HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

thanks much!
Posted Image

dziubek

dziubek

Friend of HFSLIP

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 26-November 04

Updated.

XPize**.exe in HF folder ==> slipstreamed
XPize**.exe in HF folder + answer file in HFTOOLS folder ==> silent svcpack install

Note that you'll probably need a modded sfc.dll or sfc_os.dll file if it's going to be slipstreamed. I'll add a check for the presence of these files in the next version.

Edit: Done.

test 1:
*The files of CAT don't delete y when I choose Y :(
*Xpize doesn'tt swap files

When I start Creating ISO by Xpize using SOURCESS all by hand it acts correctly.

in atest2:
I changed in FIX the name of files on small letters

*The removing the files of CAT doesn't act
*Xpize doesn'tt swap files

dziubek

p.s
In attachment I added the list of files overwritten by Xpize

Attached Files

Edited by dziubek, 08 April 2006 - 12:48 AM.

Posted Image

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05
Since HFSlip successfully slipstream service packs, wouldn't it be logic that it creates the corresponding folder on startup ?

Thanks. :)

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
dziubek - I found some coding probs and alerted TC about the fixes. There were about a half dozen or so. Please give a bit for TC to incorporate them.

Camarade_Tux - Good point about the extra folder creation on initial startup. All my source folders have the latest SP level so I never really bothered to think about it.
Posted Image

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
@dziubek -- Try the new version.

@Camarade_Tux/TommyP -- What folder?
Posted Image

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
TC, the HFSPACK folder.
Posted Image

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
Done. :)
Posted Image

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05
cool.

Thanks. :)

Someone told me HFSlip didn't simply use /integrate. What else does it do ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users