HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Windows setup doesn't like to see a modified LAYOUT.INF. System File Protection needs to be modfied/disabled for this which is what I don't want HFSLIP to do. TommyP may have a different take on this but I won't do it. I'm sorry.

BTW, it has nothing to do with SFC.

Here is the deal with this file. I hadn't had my coffee so I made like 5 posts explaining it.

Here is the deal with LAYOUT

BTW, hi all! Long time no see, etc etc.

• 1 month later...

Cross posting this one. I posted to main thread by accident.....

Is it me or is something wrong in SVCPACK.inf? Using 1.6.3rc1 (also same with 70814a):

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
HFSLIP.CMD
0_RogueSpearsRuntimesCF.exe
oemscan.exe
VMwareTools.exe
HFSLIP.CMD

I'm also attempting to track down an issue where permissions are being changed on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies". Could HFSLIP be the culprit? I'm not pointing fingers yet, I am still backtracking to get a good build first. Only changes that come to mind are versions of HFSLIP and versions of RogueSpear's runtimes (RogueSpearsRuntimesCF & RogueSpearsRuntimesPart2) used. AND OF COURSE any additional MS Hotfixes that I added.

Cross posting this one. I posted to main thread by accident.....

Is it me or is something wrong in SVCPACK.inf? Using 1.6.3rc1 (also same with 70814a):

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
HFSLIP.CMD
0_RogueSpearsRuntimesCF.exe
oemscan.exe
VMwareTools.exe
HFSLIP.CMD

I'm also attempting to track down an issue where permissions are being changed on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies". Could HFSLIP be the culprit? I'm not pointing fingers yet, I am still backtracking to get a good build first. Only changes that come to mind are versions of HFSLIP and versions of RogueSpear's runtimes (RogueSpearsRuntimesCF & RogueSpearsRuntimesPart2) used. AND OF COURSE any additional MS Hotfixes that I added.

Take a look at the contents of HFSLIP.CMD. In mine, I've got this line: "IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\HFSLIP.TMP GOTO :PART2", which indicates that the script is supposed to be run at least once already. I think what you're seeing is normal. Also, even though I know this issue has been addressed to death, but having underscores in addon names could be causing problems. I myself use RogueSpears' runtimes, and haven't had any problems in the local policy settings. Strange.

@NtegrA

If you're referring to the two instances of HFSLIP.CMD... that's intentional. It's the cleanest way to satisfy several requests (order of installation, .NET before MSI installers, etc.).

I've observed the same permissions problem recently. It may have to do with the key that HFSLIP is adding for LegitCheckControl.dll on Windows XP SP2 but I need to test that. Thanks for posting this.

@NtegrA

If you're referring to the two instances of HFSLIP.CMD... that's intentional. It's the cleanest way to satisfy several requests (order of installation, .NET before MSI installers, etc.).

I've observed the same permissions problem recently. It may have to do with the key that HFSLIP is adding for LegitCheckControl.dll on Windows XP SP2 but I need to test that. Thanks for posting this.

Excellent! On both counts.

I had widdled down to not using any .net stuff to see where I was. Last run through no go. The last version I believe was successful for me (I should know today), was either 1.6.2 or 70616b or 70812a.

Don't bother; it was the LegitCheckControl.dll registry key. Or better: HFSLIP 1.6.0 and newer adding it into the registry from a registry hive during the first Windows setup stage. Version 1.6.3 fixes this problem by adding it into the registry at T-13 as in version 1.5.0 and earlier.

Don't bother; it was the LegitCheckControl.dll registry key. Or better: HFSLIP 1.6.0 and newer adding it into the registry from a registry hive during the first Windows setup stage. Version 1.6.3 fixes this problem by adding it into the registry at T-13 as in version 1.5.0 and earlier.

heh. :} too late.

Will try 1.6.3 right now and report back

Question: Is there support for the latest version of Internet Explorer 7 (the version without WGA; version 7.0.5730.13) in the latest version of HFSLIP?

Question 2: In wich folder do i have to place the roots update package? in HF?