Two internet connections.

I have access to two internet connections.

One is cable modem to router then via ethernet port. The other is a wireless connection.

Is there anyway that i dedicate one connection for ftp and use the other for browsing?

Thanks,

Hummus19

btw, running win xp pro sp 2 if that helps.

I'm with jondercik... I don't belive it's possible. Only simultaneous connections I know of are networks... aka server... One port for internet... one for LAN. But who knows... there may be a way I've never heard of it though.

Edited by ringfinger

so, no one in the world has two internet connections and one machine?

Sure, but your scenario suggests that both connections are on the same IP network. The only way to truly do what you trying to by having the network connections on DIFFERENT networks, and setting up your computer as a router, possibly using static routes to determine which interface certain traffic uses.

If you plug both ethernet wires into your computer (you may need an extra NIC for this), you should have 2 "Local Area Connection"'s with internet access. Sharing must be disabled on both of these, then you select them both and right click, click on "Bridge Connections" Then just place one towards the FTP and the other towards your main