800 mg TDK cds nero 5.5.10.28 and windows xp helpp

mixspel

hello everyone, im new here. im currently living in france, my name is michel :)

here s the things , i got 6 cds of TDK, 800 MB / 90 min each

i got windows xp professional 2600 sp2, and nero 5.5.10.28, nero see the cd as 900MB and dont write the cds but at 4X or 8X not more even that they are multispeed 40X, i tried to write at 8x it wont work, not even at 4X. it worked twice but gave me overburn error and i had to threw the cds, i still have 4 cds, any solution ?? the cds are supposedit just gimme error message:unkown translation, my cd writer is sony crx 280 at 24/12/24(portable computer) . i never had problemes before, :D but i never used 800 mg cds before, but i need them now cause movies im downloading are huge. any help ? :rolleyes:

Have you checked to see if the Sony CRX 280 model is able to burn 800MB CDs? Only the newer burners are able to support 800MB CDs.

The Sony CD-RW site should tell you what your drive is compatible with.

Welcome to MSFN by the way! :)

Sony -> CRX820E

Manufacturer : Sony

Model : CRX820E

Support Writing Method: [DAO/SAO] [RAW SAO] [RAW SAO+SUB] [RAW DAO + 96]

BURN-Free supported: [PowerBurn]

Support Media: [CD-R] [CD-RW]

Wether your burner supports 90min CDs or not has something to do with either the physical laserpickup or in some cases the firmware. The only shot you have is to find the newest firmware (or maybe a hacked one) that enable the pickup to go that extra centimeter further... If there aren't any firmware updates, then theres no way of doing it.

Hi :D I think i know the solution of this problem (i must speak english becouse we're on an english forum, the best one :))

First i suggest you to download the last version of nero Burning Rom 5.5.10.35 on the official web site (it will be free for you)

Then try to burn, if it doesn't work, that means that you'll have to upgrade your burner firmware to a newer version. Just wait a few days and the manufacturers will release a firmware upgrade to allow you to burn 800Mo CD's.

It's the only solution :rolleyes: But it will work :D

Just wait a few days, becouse 800Mo TDK CD's are new (i have 5 of them, i'm waiting for a firmware upgrade for my burner Yamaha CRW2200E 20x/10x/40x)

if you have more questions, just ask them :rolleyes:

It was a pleasure to talk to a french man :D

Sony CRX820E combo drive. its limited to burning till 16x

so this is an older cd-burner and i dont think the cd-writer supports 800 mb discs

so with a firmware upgrade should it b working if sony does release one

what u also can do for burning those movies is using a movie splitter

Click here to get to a downloadpage

with that tool u can split the movie's to any size u want

I have a Sony burner on my laptop, its has max 8x speed, so its even older than yours.

to be able to overburn i had to upgrade firmware, so i suggest you do the same.

hope that helps :)

I have a Sony burner on my laptop, its has max 8x speed, so its even older than yours.

to be able to overburn i had to upgrade firmware, so i suggest you do the same.

hope that helps  :)

upgrade firmware means that i should upgrade the driver is that it ?

upgrade firmware means that i should upgrade the driver is that it ?

Its different. Upgrading a firmware overwrites the chip's data inside your CD-RW, and in some cases cannot be reversible. You also void your warranty by flashing the firmware and there is a chance of a flashing failure that can render your CD-RW unusuable, so do it at your own risk!

Its different. Upgrading a firmware overwrites the chip's data inside your CD-RW, and in some cases cannot be reversible. You also void your warranty by flashing the firmware and there is a chance of a flashing failure that can render your CD-RW unusuable, so do it at your own risk!

okay, but where i can find a firmware for my sony cdwriter CRX 820E ?