Drivers Instalation in Post-Install stage (New Method)

MadBoy

Great job for fixing the problem! :thumbup

But, while this problem is solved, another one just pops up :blink:

The hardware-window buttons doesn't get pressed anymore, see the attached screenshot.

As requested: my current driver folder (which resides on a USB HDD which I always use for fresh installations) contains the following from DriverPacks.net (mostly 3rd party and beta):

DP_Bluetooth_wnt5_x86-32_081028

DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_909r4

DP_CPU_wnt5_x86-32_9090rc1

DP_Graphics_A_PhysX_wnt5_x86-32_908

DP_Graphics_A_wnt5_x86-32_9090rc2

DP_Graphics_B_wnt5_x86-32_910rc1

DP_Graphics_C_wnt5_x86-32_910rc1

DP_HID_wnt5_x86-32_90813

DP_Input_wnt5_x86-32_070923

DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_90904

DP_LCD_wnt5_x86-32_810

DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_909r6

DP_Misc_wnt5_x86-32_90909

DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_90831

DP_Monitor_wnt5_x86-32_908130

DP_Phone_wnt5_x86-32_80207

DP_SmartCardReader_wnt5_x86-32_80228

DP_Sound_A_wnt5_x86-32_90902

DP_Sound_B_wnt5_x86-32_90903

DP_TV_wnt5_x86-32_90915

DP_USB_wnt5_x86-32_80911

DP_Virtual_wnt5_x86-32_90225

DP_WebCam_wnt5_x86-32_90904

DP_WLAN_wnt5_x86-32_90807

post-34235-1255950578_thumb.png

Hardware_config.xml

Edited by pSycho-Y2K

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have to report that this totally does not work on Spanish Windows XP.

Database is not created, program set in automatic mode but I still have to click every darn hardware wizard.

Besides that, drivers are not installed at all, even though they are available in the specified path.

Second run of the program and the error devices are not detected anymore, but they are still present in device manager.

It could be a fantastic utility but this one needs some work.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

Escorpiom.

Edited by Escorpiom

Well, I have to report that this totally does not work on Spanish Windows XP.

Database is not created, program set in automatic mode but I still have to click every darn hardware wizard.

Besides that, drivers are not installed at all, even though they are available in the specified path.

Second run of the program and the error devices are not detected anymore, but they are still present in device manager.

It could be a fantastic utility but this one needs some work.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

Escorpiom.

Well I do hope you have logging enabled. Send me the log file, send me the config file. Also set the program in debug mode and run it again Go to http://pro-solutions.pl/projects/ and get newest version (nothing fixed) just with more debug output for Hardware wizard. As for having no error devices in second run it could be due to not finished process of redetcting devices. You can reboot or go to device manager and press F5 or refresh. This should get them to state to what they were before in program.

MadBoy

Ok, think I've got it going now. Does work on Spanish Windows XP :yes:

There is something easily overlooked. When there is no hardware database file, the program won't make one in automatic mode.

In manual mode, when there is no hardware db file, the program ask for the correct path.

To get it going I did the folowing:

Put a copy of Pro-S on the server share were my drivers are (lots!) and execute it on the server in manual mode.

Let the program create the hardware database file ("action" menu) and after that exit.

Now we have a valid hardware .db on the server.

In my unattended XP install include a copy of Pro-S and the xml config file.

After the XP install finishes, Pro-s is executed from GuiRunOnce.

As I have most common network drivers integrated, the very first thing is mapping a network drive X.

The xml config file is pointing to the hardware db on the share, this is a valid path and so Pro-s uses the db.

To be sure I downloaded the latest version. It ran all the way and did not ask me once to install some device.

The whole process took only a few minutes and if correctly setup, this will save a lot of time.

It would be a better solution to let the program create the .db file (in automatic mode) if not found.

For now we will have to create one first.

Cheers and thanks for sharing your proyect.

Escorpiom.

Ok, think I've got it going now. Does work on Spanish Windows XP :yes:

There is something easily overlooked. When there is no hardware database file, the program won't make one in automatic mode.

In manual mode, when there is no hardware db file, the program ask for the correct path.

To get it going I did the folowing:

Put a copy of Pro-S on the server share were my drivers are (lots!) and execute it on the server in manual mode.

Let the program create the hardware database file ("action" menu) and after that exit.

Now we have a valid hardware .db on the server.

In my unattended XP install include a copy of Pro-S and the xml config file.

After the XP install finishes, Pro-s is executed from GuiRunOnce.

As I have most common network drivers integrated, the very first thing is mapping a network drive X.

The xml config file is pointing to the hardware db on the share, this is a valid path and so Pro-s uses the db.

To be sure I downloaded the latest version. It ran all the way and did not ask me once to install some device.

The whole process took only a few minutes and if correctly setup, this will save a lot of time.

It would be a better solution to let the program create the .db file (in automatic mode) if not found.

For now we will have to create one first.

Cheers and thanks for sharing your protect.

Escorpiom.

It's good that you managed to figure it out. Actually after your first post I've looked at the code (trying to see what your problem might be) and found out that the db isn't created when it's first time started.

So now(from 2.0.0.24) if the db is not found (file doesn't exist) when the program is run (either manual or auto mode) program will ask if you want to create it. Hope it will be more user friendly now :-) Perhaps I (or someone) should make nice .chm documentation / tutorials for different scenarios :-) Maybe I'll make one some day!

Version 2.0.0.23 (non-public)

- Added more debugging lines in Hardware Wizard

Version 2.0.0.24 (public)

- Changed behavior for first time start of program for drivers database (or when drivers db doesn't exists) should be a bit more user friendly now

- Removed Loading screen (was too ugly) ;)

Enjoy and report bugs as always (preferably with log file in debug mode, and with XML attached).

Download: Pro-S Hardware Installer 2.0.0.24

MadBoy

Great job for fixing the problem! :thumbup

But, while this problem is solved, another one just pops up :blink:

The hardware-window buttons doesn't get pressed anymore, see the attached screenshot.

MadBoy, forgot my problem? It is still unsolved in your latest release. :(

I attached the XML and logfile. See the screenshot which I posted earlier, which is basically the same.

Hardware.txt

Hardware_config.xml

Edited by pSycho-Y2K

Well of course i didn't forgot about your problem but you didn't responded to my mail on forum in which i've asked you to download the newest rls and set the debug mode (which is what you did now). Now that I've more information how stuff looks like i should be able to see what's wrong. Cheers :-)

Well, after testing for a while it still does not work the way it supposed to. Sorry :(

The problem is the window managing wizard. And some strange COM DOM error, I'll put the image and log with this message.

As for the window managing wizard, it still asks me for confirmation, I have to click the buttons.

Perhaps the problem is the "connect to internet" prompt, can it be?

I tried two times, first time copying the drivers to a local disk, and the second time from the share.

Sure it has to be something with the Spanish version. Someone else tried it on a non-English Windows XP?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that the Dutch version has the same problem. Hope Madboy finds the solution!

Cheers,

Escorpiom.

post-227980-1257422836_thumb.jpg

hardware.txt

Edited by Escorpiom

Newest version can be found at projects website.

Version 2.0.0.25 (public)

- Fixed hardware wizard (one script breaking change in AutoIt which I've not addressed when updating to newest beta)

Enjoy and report bugs as always (preferably with log file in debug mode, and with XML attached).

MadBoy

Edited by MadBoy

Escorpiom as for your error, this error isn't related to my program. It's related to your system having WMI corrupted or not installed correctly. Here's a link saying what you can do with it:

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon...de_80041013.htm

But it's also possible that you've used nlite or other tool to produce your image and you've excluded important features. Help and Support service or similar, one that looks not important but is important for WMI (I don't remember now which one). Hope it helps and you can find your way ;-)

Escorpiom as for your error, this error isn't related to my program. It's related to your system having WMI corrupted or not installed correctly. Here's a link saying what you can do with it:

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon...de_80041013.htm

But it's also possible that you've used nlite or other tool to produce your image and you've excluded important features. Help and Support service or similar, one that looks not important but is important for WMI (I don't remember now which one). Hope it helps and you can find your way ;-)

Spot on, Madboy. You just forced me to do another Nlited WinXP but this time I left Help and Support in it. Removed only MSN Explorer, Windows Messenger, The Annoying Search Dog, Security Center and System restore.

Tried to repair WMI in a thousand ways - nothing helped. The Microsoft vbs tool threw some errors and it is definitely not possible to repair them, even re-installing the help and support stuff didn't help. Microsoft states that a complete reinstall is needed. So far for the WMI errors.

I did try the new version, still no show. Don't know if it is because of the screwed up WMI, but the hardware database is not created, drivers are not installed and the windows are popping up and the program keeps looping. Have to shut down the hardware wizard and then the program stops: "User canceled hardware wizard" or similar.

Will try with the new installation and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Escorpiom.

Edited by Escorpiom