New version is out. I rushed it a bit but thought i would share it before i end up starting a lot of changes to GUI and other stuff. So without further ado...
Download version 0.3.6 (Current with GUI)
Problems to solve:
- Signing of drivers isn't 100% working. Unfortunetly Microsoft implemented it the way it can't be realy done just by registry. Tests shown that also during change from Warn to IGNORE mode (My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Driver Signing) besides standard registry keys that can be found all over the internet this key below also changes. On my computer it has 2 values (one for IGNORE and one for WARN). So unless i'll find a way to fix it.. Bummer. Maybe someone has some nice idea? Each computer has their own diffrent keys so it's not that simple as i seen on other forums in some posts
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PrivateHash 15 CA EF C3 34 E8 C8 78
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PrivateHash 01 32 A3 68 55 C2 D2 00
Problem of signing drivers on unnatended cd doesn't exist because you can set the right value in winnt.sif or sysprep.inf. Or so i have read on Microsoft pages
Oh well, we will see..
Possible changes in next versions:
- Option to have copied drivers to C:\Drivers (or other dir you choose) and then using it
as the main driver directory. Mighty be usefull for ppl who like to leave the drivers
on hdd, and for use with pyron's method.
- Completly redo of GUI. As someone said GUI isn't good enough which i knew on begining,
but wanted to have something easy and done fast so i could see the progress going on.
So the project will have new GUI soon. Better, nicer. Maybe special GUI for congfiguration.
- Waiting for other ideas and problems.
Changelog for 0.3.6
- Added REMOVABLE drives to be autodetected (you can use it instead of CDROM or drive letter)
- Added function that will create hardware.ini automagically if there is no hardware.ini present (usefull ;p)
- Added option that opens Device Manager while devices are being removed/detected.
- Added option to use either RegistryDevicePath or SetupCopyOemInf by pyron
Would be nice if someone would give his opinion about this, especially about Driver Signing. Couldn't realy found good solution.