[Help] - MS Installer Problem

ken847

I've searched MSFN for an answer to this strange problem in Win XP that occurred after I installed Frontpage 2003, but didn't find any useful info. In essence after installing FP, and rebooting the system, I can no longer load most of the Windows services in the Control Panel or many of the applications on my system.

FP loads when I double click on an application or service, and in front of the FP splash I observe that the MS Installer is attempting to complete the FP installation. This action occurs for every loading of most of the applications on my system.

When I log in as the Administrator there are no problems. I was able to uninstall FP via the Admin account. However, accessing the system via my standard user account produced multiple load errors during system initialization.

I'm unable to perform a SysRestore or access the Registry via regedit due to the incipient FP load issues. Does anyone have some suggestions or references? I have a request in with MS Support, but it may take awhile for a response, and I need to get into my standard user interface to complete some critical work... Help!

Ken

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

I would try uninstalling FP then running a utility called MSICleanup. Do a web search to find the download. See if the problem still exists after doing this.

I would also check the event viewer to see if any errors were reported there or if you can see any problems.