Delay until 2007! good or bad?

dezt2

Seems like a publicity stunt more than anything. Here we are talking about it right? I've been a big Microsoft proponent for years (decades actually), yet I can't get excited about anything Microsoft is doing at all lately. Call me wrong, negative, out of my mind, whatever.. but all this fluff lately seems like the beginning of the end to me. Like their best days are now behind them.

I'll be hanging on to XP Pro with a death grip and I'm already phasing out Office.

The full article needs to be read.... :yawn:

The fact remains that Vista code will be finalised by July-August.

The gold master, volume-licensing, commercial availability on shelves - these events will take the rest of those 6 months gap.

DigeratiPrime-

Errr, what you saw was just a beta. Other divisions at MS would still be doing their own parts, without having merged their work into Vista yet. And FYI, XP felt equally "piggish" in the final betas, even just 6 months before release.

Geez, thats stupid isn't it? Whats the hold up? I thought Microsoft is a big software company, don't they have enough testers and programmers to finish off the project in time?

Oh well, they'll have more time to improve the OS, and at least that is a good thing.

I find it to be really bad. I've been waiting for Vista since early 2004. I now see IIS 7.0 gone in recent betas and that disappoints me. It's clear that we will never see a SP5 released for Windows 2000 and that build is ready to retire now. Windows XP is currently at the midpoint in its life and there hasn't been a workstation OS released by Microsoft since then....:blink: There's no excuse for that. Worse yet, Vista is huge. Not CD huge but DVD huge. I am NOT putting that on my multiboot DVD! It's too much of a waste. As far as I'm concerned, the whole thing is just one huge burden for OEMs to continue struggling with the preparations(that can't be made) while effectively screwing the end users by making them wait even longer on the vendors. From every point that I've been testing: 3xxx to 5xxx, it has been utter garbage. It was almost great at PDC03, but that was like the peak of it to me. I'm not hateful, well actually I am, but I'm still waiting for something better. =/