What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?

What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?  

1,070 members have voted

1. 1. What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?

• AntiVir
    • Avast
    • AVG
    • BitDefender
    • ClamAV
    • eTrust
    • F-Prot
    • Kaspersky
    • McAfee
    • NOD32
    • Norton
    • Symantec
    • Trend Micro
    • Other - ?
    • None!

Lately I've been recommending ZoneAlarms Internet Security Suite. It appears the Computer Associates (CA) and CheckPoint/Zone Labs are sharing AV and the firewall between the two. For novice users, I think ZA has the upper hand since everything is though one icon and interface, whereas CA uses 3 different icons and interfaces.

I suppose after both of those, would be Trend Micro.

For me personally, I use none, but when in doubt, I use f-secure f-force and trendmicro's sysclean to check.

I don't use any AV, but I sometimes run some free online scanner.

If you are careful with what and from where you download and use some free web-based email with built-in antivirus you should be quite safe. Also make sure your OS is fully updated at all times.

Spyware/adware/malware and similar are a lot more common than viruses these days.

Symantec AV is much too demanding and bloated, I will probably try NOD32 some time.

:) I do not run any Anti - Virus software!

Do not have to :blink:

From the time SP2 has come out , my comp has not been infected with Spyware nor Malware nor Virus even once.

All that i have on my comp is Windows Defender , which gives me background protection from start up , services and suchthings , and occassional scans from Spybot and Ad-aware.

Also , sometimes , do scan online when have nothing to do.

The results also support my way of security. NO Adware or spyware or malware or virus since SP2's release.

BTW , i use Opera for surfing with occasional help from IE.

Always wanted to ask you all , ever seen a virus attack really happen? has you anti-virus saved you from any virus attack actually? or you have it just to be secure?

well i have to reclarify my statement, i reinstalled windows last week and i have not installed any security programs at all and i may not. i have been using nod32 but like said above, when was the last time u ever got a virus? the last time i got one was when i dloaded something stupid.

Going back to the past, I used to use a FREE version of Norton. It wasn't well known but they had a free version for download. Then I used InoculateIt which was a free version of some Aust . product I think. They scraped the free version, so I switched to AVG.

I am happy with AVG + email scanner in/out and now auto updates in the FREE version. But I am hearing good things about NOD32 and somewhere that MS use it on their campus.

I do not believe that you should have to pay to protect the operating system; that's a defect; no matter that some third party is attacking your business - you should protect your users free.

So, Microsoft, buy NOD32 and give it to me free with Vista. And pigs might fly again! ;)