What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?

What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?  

1,070 members have voted

1. 1. What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?

• AntiVir
    • Avast
    • AVG
    • BitDefender
    • ClamAV
    • eTrust
    • F-Prot
    • Kaspersky
    • McAfee
    • NOD32
    • Norton
    • Symantec
    • Trend Micro
    • Other - ?
    • None!

now i use nod32

i was usimg kasper and it's the best

but i chang it just to try nod32 and to see how good it is

yeah, they're both pretty much hand-in-hand.

but why e-mail advertise

__________ NOD32 1.1720 (20060822) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

http://www.eset.com

kaspersky dun have....

ok found a way to disable it

post-65099-1156290285_thumb.jpg

Edited by cyberloner

hmmm hard to compare both.. nod / kas

both are strong

why search other av than kaspersky...

it scan and detect all my sfx extract as virus just now........ =)

feeling nod32 is nice

Edited by cyberloner

• 3 weeks later...

I use AVG - it updates reasonably often, it is light on resources compared to Norton and McAffe (that I have used earlier), and it is free. :D

I am quite aware that it may not be the number one anti-virus, though. If I was to vote for which anti-virus I thought was most secure, and not what I actually use, my reply would be different. I think that the most important measure against malware is to be careful about where you browse and what you download, though. I use Sandboxie in doubtful cases.

Still, combined with a software firewall to control application behaviour, I think AVG is enough. (Well, combined with a few other anti-malware products, such as AdAware, Ewido, Spybot and Spywareblaster, lol.) So far, I haven't had any really bad malware. Some spyware and adware that was difficult to get rid of, yes, but nothing that could cause harm my or others' computers.

To be sure, I am into backup images. If I do get some malware that is more serious than annoying tracking cookies and such, I tend to restore to a clean image rather than wonder if I have really gotten rid of it. ;)

I use AVG - it updates reasonably often, it is light on resources compared to Norton and McAffe (that I have used earlier), and it is free. :D

I am quite aware that it may not be the number one anti-virus, though. If I was to vote for which anti-virus I thought was most secure, and not what I actually use, my reply would be different. I think that the most important measure against malware is to be careful about where you browse and what you download, though. I use Sandboxie in doubtful cases.

Still, combined with a software firewall to control application behaviour, I think AVG is enough. (Well, combined with a few other anti-malware products, such as AdAware, Ewido, Spybot and Spywareblaster, lol.) So far, I haven't had any really bad malware. Some spyware and adware that was difficult to get rid of, yes, but nothing that could cause harm my or others' computers.

To be sure, I am into backup images. If I do get some malware that is more serious than annoying tracking cookies and such, I tend to restore to a clean image rather than wonder if I have really gotten rid of it. ;)

A very good post. Yes, combined with good common sense, a good firewall and using images, AVG isn't too bad. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

BIT DEFENDER PROFESSIONAL PLUS v10

Ultimate solution for security against virus and worms

best among rest for Win98 to Win XP

disadvantage : Vista Support not available

//neo_matrix.rs@indiatimes.com//

//Ramesh//

//Pilani//

//INDIA//

had a look of NOD32 and was impressed by the low memory usage.

i have to agree the old versions of NAV used to be ok because i was given a 486 75Mhz 16MB RAM with 98 First Edition on it and the computer wasnt too unstable or slow