Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
553 replies to this topic

• 2 posts

Pardon Me for asking but im confused

What is the is the purpose of the numbers outputed from the vb script???

Does the output of the vbs script have to do with PID number and extra data located in the setup.ini. Mine outputs

Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
Model: OptiPlex GX150
44656C6C 20436F6D 70757465 7220436F 72706F72 6174696F 6E

That would make sense to me but figured id ask..
Thanks

Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
Model: OptiPlex GX150

Manufacturer (hex):
44656C6C 20436F6D 70757465 7220436F 72706F72 6174696F 6E

Hex to String Converter: http://chxo.com/scripts/hex2string.php

strComputer = "."
Dim Act, ComputerReport, Fso, Dtop, Report, Ts
Set Act = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Set Fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Dtop = Act.SpecialFolders("Desktop")
Set Ts = Fso.CreateTextFile(Dtop & "\ComputerReport.txt")
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colComputer = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem")
For Each objComputer In colComputer
  MfgHex=""
  For i=1 To Len(objComputer.Manufacturer)
        MfgHex=MfgHex & Hex(Asc(Mid(objComputer.Manufacturer,i,1)))
        If i Mod 4 = 0 then MfgHex=MfgHex & " "
  Next
  ComputerReport = (vbCrLf & space(3) & "Manufacturer: " & objComputer.Manufacturer & vbCrLf &_
  space(3) & "Model: " & objComputer.Model & vbCrLF & vbCrLf & space(3) & "Manufacturer (hex): " & vbCrLf & space(3)& MfgHex)
Next
Ts.WriteLine ComputerReport : Ts.Close 
Act.Run(Chr(34)& Dtop & "\ComputerReport.txt" & Chr(34)),1,True

Edited by 38956, 22 August 2010 - 08:35 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bizzybody

bizzybody

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
I have two old Micron systems to do OEM installs on. One is an MPC ClientPro 365 and the other is a micronpc TransPort 1000, both with crufted up OEM installs of XP Pro, secondhand from a salvage yard and they couldn't find the discs that came with them.

Hollander's auto parts interchange database requires a password to *uninstall* it, and they don't give out the password to anyone, not even paying clients. They expect people to wipe their systems and reinstall Windows to get rid of their software.

Using the DOS utility to find which OEM files to use, the ClientPro comes up as Genuine C&C 8B2EBECB and the T1000 is Samsung 904CF15A. I've copied the four OEMBIOS files from each but they're different sizes than the ones available to download for those two CRCs.

The T1000 is really a thinly disguised Samsung P series laptop, who knows where MPC sourced the mainboard for the ClientPro.

Will this work for oemscan.ini in the $OEM$ folder? Should I use the oembios files I copied from these computers or should I stick with the downloaded ones? I also got the CD keys from both with the magical jelly bean. They do match the ones I've come across for Samsung and "Genuine".

;
; Samsung OEMBIOS Files CRC32 = 904CF15A
; SLP = SAMSUNGPC
;
[SAMSUNGPC]
PATH=".\SAMSUNGPC\"
CMD=".\SAMSUNG\OEMCOPY.CMD"
CMD="SetKey ----"

;
; Genuine C&C OEMBIOS Files CRC32 = 8B2EBECB
; SLP = GENUINE
;
[GENUINE]
PATH=".\GENUINE\"
CMD=".\GENUINE\OEMCOPY.CMD"
CMD="SetKey ----"

If someone who is collecting OEMBIOS files wants these sets, I'll be happy to pass them along.

Edited by bizzybody, 14 February 2013 - 02:54 AM.

DosProbie

DosProbie

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 685 posts

Donator

Manufacturer: TOSHIBA

Model: Satellite P755

544F5348 494241

os2fan2

os2fan2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
I had a look at the IBM thinkpad disks (which are basically recovery disks, but the process can be done from PE).

The base copy of Windows is an unmodified source tape. The modifications come between the text-mode install and the gui. You install windows in some sort of other mode from PE., using the switches in winnt32 to point to the correct boot drive.

Once the source is in place, you copy over files as needed (usually oembois.*), and then on the reboot, the install happens normally. Usually the OEM toys are added after the setup, which is why you don't find things like OEM bitmaps in Windows or DOS setups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN