WSUS question

.raven

hi @all,

i have a little question,

i installed a WSUS. at first i want to integrate clients. but he don´t finde anyone. My server is a dc with dns, dhcp, ris and wsus.

i don´t know if i must update the database from wsus before i can find any client.

and if i scan the microsoft database for hotfixes and so on how can i download the updates to my local drive. the config i think is conpletely configured.

.raven

And until this is done you won't see any clients in the WSUS interface. The clients register with WSUS the first time they connect to it for updates.

Group Policy is definitely the easiest way to configure the clients.

hi @all,

i have a little question,

i installed a WSUS. at first i want to integrate clients. but he don´t finde anyone. My server is a dc with dns, dhcp, ris and wsus.

i don´t know if i must update the database from wsus before i can find any client.

and if i scan the microsoft database for hotfixes and so on how can i download the updates to my local drive. the config i think is conpletely configured.

.raven

As everyone said above group policy is the easiest way to configure the clients to access the wsus server. Microsoft has excellent and easy to understand documentation on how to do this.

thx, i hope the howto is so easy to understand u said (because i´m german and my english :whistle: )

k, the problem ist i integrate the wuau.adm into the group policies and then i changed the options.

then i said Full automaticly update. download it and install it without asking. but until now it doesn´t work.

then i thought i create a reg file with the right option (like i found (in/on) net)

but also dosn´t work. then i found out that i must update the machine because several update are required on the client to fuctionate.

the i installed the servicepack 2 from the Cebit 06 (january edition). but, the same effect, it doesn´t work.

no computer was found. My problem is momently i have only one client to try.

i hope it is not a client error which take this effect.

and, i don´t know if i must have several CD-Key for windows XP because i have one client found, at home and now i´m at work and the client has the same key. can it be a reason ?

my windows versions are MSDN.

also one key with many licenses (for testing).

i load a tool who make a manuel request to the update server and a second option to create a new ID . but this two options also doesn´t work. :realmad::realmad:

i don´t know what i can do ? i will try the answers and i hope i can find out the error.

.raven

another way to see if the client can even connect to the WSUS server run this command on the clients machine

wuauclt.exe /detectnow

that should force the client to look for the assigned WSUS server to gather updates