Need help with Longhorn & XP

hoop3r

Hey All!

I installed longhorn on my computer on the same hdd as xp. what i want to do is basically just uninstall it because i cannot boot into xp any more, it is always just longhorn.

im not exactly brilliant with computers so any type of help would be much appreciated (as long as i understand what you're saying :thumbup )

Thanks

did you partition your hard drive before installing longhorn? 'coz if you did not partion your drive, longhorn overwritten your previous os.i suggest you format your drive if you dont want longhorn anymore.

no, i didnt partition my hard drive, i was just following the advice i was given from my friend :}

i tried formatting my hard drive but says i cannot format because the os system is installed there, how do i format my drive?

(sorry again, real n00b at this :( )

Thanks

quick guide....

A: boot up your system, (in longhorn), and backup ALL your files to another harddisk, a usbstick of a cdrom or dvdrom,

B: take your Windows® XP cdrom, and reboot your computer...

B²: select a boot device (on most computers hitting the F8key before the windows bootscreen appears will enable this) chose cdrom,

B³: now windows xp setup schould be starting...

C: in the bleu setup thingy you are asked on which drive you want to install xp, (note you are recomaned to creat at least 2 partions first.

this is done by the keys.

D = (delete current selected partion) and

C = (create partition)

for c: (windows partion id recomand the size of somewhere between the 3100 (+/- 3gb) and the 10240 (10gb), megabytes. depending on how mucht software and games you intend to install,

for d:\ and maybe other partions no real recemondations from me... but id recoment creating at least 1 of them to store your documents, (that way they dont get lost i you re-install windows next time),

anyways..

D: follow the instructions on screen to complete the windows setup,

E: Reinstall your software....

F: URE DONE>>>

thanks for the lil guide!

Worked Wonders!

Now i am having trouble with my sound card :angry:

drivers for the card are installed and everything, my computer detects the sound card but when i try playing music, nothing comes out. i checked the speakers and they work through an mp3 player but just not through the computer.

I have also checked out all of the settings for the speakers etc. and they are fine

Any advice? its really buggin me!

:blink:

And i dont think i going to be installin any warez'd OS after this :yes:

Edited by hoop3r

i wouldnt know how to do that to be honest, im no expert on computers srri :no:

my sound card is Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit (if it helps) and i apparently have an audio driver on my pc called Legacy Audio Driver from looking at my device manager :}

Any suggestions on what needs doin or anythin? please?

Thanks!

Edited by hoop3r

Any version of Windows, legal or not, can be great if you have the technical expertise to use it properly.

If you're not technical, you should stay with the Main Line (and legal) XP.

That's not a rebuke,,,,just a fact.

Many folks use other than legal OS's but it's always a crap-shoot. You really need to know what you're doing.

Cheers,

Andromeda ;)