Windows XP SP2 Post Install Script Pack V1.02

@Yurek3, I intentionally did not fix the second autologon in order to properly test the fix. Seeing that the fix worked, I'll put out 1.02 tommorow morning. I'm far too tired right now to be messing around with code. Many thanks for working with me on this one.

@Yurek3, I intentionally did not fix the second autologon in order to properly test the fix. Seeing that the fix worked, I'll put out 1.02 tommorow morning. I'm far too tired right now to be messing around with code. Many thanks for working with me on this one.

I wait my Profesor

I'm ready for testing yours job

Yurek3

i will try now

Edited by Yurek3

Version 1.02 - 04/11/2006

• presetup.cmd - Wildcards implemented for dealing with 000_SystemDrive.7z and 000_WinDir.7z files. This way you can have multiple files of each, for instance differentiating between work sites. Ex: 000_SystemDrive-CompanyA.7z or 000_SystemDrive-Home.7z.
  • cmdlines.vbs V1.02 - AutoLogon entries in workgroup and domain situations not working for some users. Both issues fixed.
  • 100_Cleanup.vbs V1.01 - Start Menu cleanup has been broken up between All Users and the User Start Menu. The All User Start Menu cleanup routine is now highly customizable from 500_Settings.ini. Restricting certain Start Menu folders to Admin only access will now accept up to 10 custom folder names and is now seperate from the Start Menu cleanup routine.
  • 170_ConfigAccounts.vbs V1.01 - Same issues as cmdlines.vbs.
  • 171_NameSettings.hta V1.01 - Same issues as cmdlines.vbs.
  • 200_ConfigNetwork.vbs V1.01 - I discovered that not all NICs populate the registry entry for ComponentID the same way. The NIC detection code has been modified to properly detect all NICs. This change required changes to 500_Settings.ini. Also, support for two more NICs added.

Changes to the documentation in post #1 will be forthcoming. It is important to use the new 500_Settings.ini file with this release as some significant changes were made for the NIC speed and duplex routine, along with some other minor changes.

All is OK

only thisone all time jomping me

rogerspear18qf7sh0jv.th.jpg

and i have some sugestion

150_DefragHD.vbs you can do lest there should be any misunderstanding, in order to avoid any

will jomping windoiw amd ask -yes - or - not

i thinking will OK

Yurek3

Edited by Yurek3

see here will good

[cmdlines]CompressThreshold=10

CopySourceThreshold=40

Custom130File=130_Student-Streets.vbs

Custom130Title=Student and Streets

Custom140File=140_CreateShrtcuts.vbs

Custom140Title=Create Shortcuts

DL1Name=ActiveX.7z

DL1URL=http://www.EarlyMorningHours.net/Files/ActiveX.7z

DL2Name=Cookies.7z

DL2URL=http://www.EarlyMorningHours.net/Files/Cookies.7z

DL3Name=Domains.7z

DL3URL=http://www.EarlyMorningHours.net/Files/Domains.7z

LogonDomain=%computername%

LogonPassword=password

LogonUserName=Administrator

[ConfigAccounts]

BuiltinAdminName=Yurek

BuiltinGuestName=Maria

DelASPNET=Yes

DelHelpAssistant=Yes

DelSUPPORT=Yes

FakeAdminYN=Yes

LogonPassword=password

LogonUserName=Administrator

ProcessAdminYN=Yes

ProcessGuestYN=Yes

you can tele me whot you write ther.

Edited by Yurek3

Perhaps you could send me a PM in your native language and I could try running it through BabelFish or something. I'm not trying to make fun of you when I say this, but I can hardly figure out what you are saying most of the time. And it's frustrating because it's probably something easy to fix, but I'm just not getting the details that I need.

RogueSpear, Thank you for sharing this with the community. I’ve been playing around with your post install script all week and really like the results I’m getting.

I’ve got a question if I may? After my installation is finished the Start Menu/Programs are not sorted by name. It seems to be sorted by type? Am I missing something to get the menu sorted by name?

I've put in options to delete content from the Start Menu and to change the NTFS security permissions to user defined folders with Programs, but I'm not doing anything with the sort order at all. I think one byproduct of deleting some folders in the Start Menu is that the sort order gets all out of whack.

I think I found an issue with the subroutine for Student 2006. I was using that subroutine to install some other software (Microsoft Virtual Machine) but I couldn't get it working. Looked at 130_Student-Streets.vbs and replaced strDecompress with str7zcmd in the ws.run line.

Additionaly I added a new line below to get my install to fire off. Not sure if this is correct code but so far it seems to be working (Haven't tried a real install yet).

Sub InstallMSVM
Dim strTemp, str7Zcmd, errReturn
strTemp = sysdrv & "\Temp"
str7Zcmd = "7za x -o" & strTemp & " " & strOEM
If Not fs.FolderExists(strTemp) Then fs.CreateFolder(strTemp)
ws.Run (str7zcmd & "\131_MSVM.7z"),0, True
ws.Run (strTemp & "\javatrig.exe"),0, True
WScript.Sleep(4000)
fs.DeleteFolder(strTemp), True

The subroutine that installs Student I made quite some time ago and it's worked ever since. I really just included it as an example of how to use AutoItX.dll within a VBscript. On order for the script to work, and this is actually mentioned at the top of the script itself, you must have AutoItX.dll registered with the OS.

Looking at the code you posted, the variable strOEM points to the \OEM directory on the CD/DVD. So if you're looking for the .7z file on %systemdrive% it's not going to work. This was actually kind of by design since the routine was made to install Streets & Trips. There's no sense in copying over an 800+ MB .7z file from the DVD to %systemDrive% when you can just decompress it straight from the DVD. And I figured that for RIS installations, you would be better served pushing Streets via group policy. If you are always going to copy 131_MSVM.7z to the %systemdrive%, then replace the variable strOEM with sysdrv.

Edited by RogueSpear

Thanks for the quick reply. Makes sense not to copy something locally that's compressed. Thanks for bringing that to my attension. Thanks again for all your hard work on these scripts.

i thinking my problen is in confict winnt.sif

[userData]ComputerName=GROM

ProductKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FullName="GROM"

OrgName="Grom"

and of 500_Setings.ini

[cmdlines]LogonDomain=%computername%

LogonPassword=grom

LogonUserName=GROM

BuiltinAdminName=GROM

BuiltinGuestName=Maria

FakeAdminYN=Yes

LogonPassword=grom

LogonUserName=GROM

ProcessAdminYN=No

ProcessGuestYN=No

rogerspear18qf7wz.th.jpg

this one window jumping alltime i'm tired.

i did tested 5-8 times per day.

This window i see after instalation and before ferst booting OS system.

Next i have idea 150_DefragHD.vbs sir you can do this one script will do jumping window and ask do defrag or not.

how you have emty HD this defrar time do not will too long but how you get in your HD some date you need wait long time.

This very interesting Post.

Yurek3

Do not ever give up.

Edited by Yurek3