Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC8 Beta3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

hbinded

hbinded

what? whaat?

• Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 22-December 04
Hey, how do you make setupldr.bin to select which file it's going to use? do you just replace all instances of winnt.sif in setupldr.bin or what kind of "magic" are you employing here ..lol ...lol :whistle:

btw, I'm currently testing beta 3. will get back and give a report.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Siginet

Siginet

Windows XP PowerPacker Creator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Joined 22-January 05

Hey, how do you make setupldr.bin to select which file it's going to use? do you just replace all instances of winnt.sif in setupldr.bin or what kind of "magic" are you employing here ..lol ...lol :whistle:

Actually you are 100% correct. I replace winnt.sif with the name of the folder like: wXPPC.sif.
Pretty cool trick. It opens many other doors that will be simple to implement to powerpacker. Like the option to use multiple winnt.sif files for the same pack. :D

BTW... has anyone noticed that the filesize of PowerPacker is about a third of the size of RC7.1. :blink:

Cool. If I have some time tonight, I will do some testing.
I also found out that it is not hard at all to add support voor BartPE. Just add the BartPE files to the root of the CD. copy the bootsect.bin file and rename it to PRO1.DAT.
In the cdshell.ini you have to edit some lines too. Since I use a complete other cdshell (the one you find on UBCD) I can't exactly tell what to change. But it should be easy.
Something like:
print " [F1] The Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows "
if ($lastKey == key[f1]); then chain /PRO1.DAT

Actually in the new beta it should be even easier. All you should have to do is add reference to the setupldr.bin file in the new boot menu ini files. I haven't tested yet... but that's all I think has to be done.

I confirmed it today. All you have to do is give reference to the setupldr.bin file. :)

But when PowerPacker has support for PE I want it to be able to add multiple copies of PE on a disk and they share the same Programs folder.

Posted Image
For those of you interested in my next software venture you can check it out here:
www.ITTechware.com

Telenut

Telenut

• PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 24-February 05

Actually you are 100% correct. I replace winnt.sif with the name of the folder like: wXPPC.sif.
Pretty cool trick. It opens many other doors that will be simple to implement to powerpacker. Like the option to use multiple winnt.sif files for the same pack. :D

BTW... has anyone noticed that the filesize of PowerPacker is about a third of the size of RC7.1. :blink:

Cool. If I have some time tonight, I will do some testing.
I also found out that it is not hard at all to add support voor BartPE. Just add the BartPE files to the root of the CD. copy the bootsect.bin file and rename it to PRO1.DAT.
In the cdshell.ini you have to edit some lines too. Since I use a complete other cdshell (the one you find on UBCD) I can't exactly tell what to change. But it should be easy.
Something like:
print " [F1] The Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows "
if ($lastKey == key[f1]); then chain /PRO1.DAT

Actually in the new beta it should be even easier. All you should have to do is add reference to the setupldr.bin file in the new boot menu ini files. I haven't tested yet... but that's all I think has to be done.

I confirmed it today. All you have to do is give reference to the setupldr.bin file. :)

But when PowerPacker has support for PE I want it to be able to add multiple copies of PE on a disk and they share the same Programs folder.

And how exactly do I have to do that?
Now I use the cdchell.ini from ubcd www.ultimatebootcd.com/ and I only had to ad some lines like
if ($lastKey == key[f1]); then chain /XOPC.DAT
Now those xxxx.DAT files are gone.
Do I just have to edit it like:
if ($lastKey == key[f12]); then \XOPC\XOPC.BIN

Siginet

Siginet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Joined 22-January 05
Now there is a BOOT.ini file that basically you use to point to another ini file or you add reference to the boot file in it.

For instance here is the new BOOT.INI:
[MenuItems]
:
C:\; Boot from drive C:
:
\Boot\PRO.INI; Install Windows XP PRO
\Boot\HOME.INI; Install Windows XP HOME
;END
:
:reboot; Reboot
:PowerOff; Power Off

[MenuOptions]
BGColors		= 00, 80, 80, 80
BGSymbol		= 32
TopText			=
BottomText		=
MenuPosition		= 02, 05, 76, 16
MenuColors		= f9, 9f, 1f, f0, 0f, fd, f9
MenuBorderStyle		= 5
MenuShadowStyle		= 2
MenuTitle		= Boot Options
MenuDefault		= 0
MenuTimerLabel		= Time remaining:
MenuTimer		= 5

You can either point to another INI file like this:
[MenuItems]
:
C:\; Boot from drive C:
:
\Boot\PRO.INI; Install Windows XP PRO
\Boot\HOME.INI; Install Windows XP HOME
\Boot\BART.INI; Initiate Preinstallation Environment
;END
:
:reboot; Reboot
:PowerOff; Power Off

[MenuOptions]
BGSymbol		= 32
TopText			=
BottomText		=
MenuPosition		= 02, 05, 76, 16
MenuBorderStyle		= 5
MenuShadowStyle		= 2
MenuTitle		= Boot Options
MenuDefault		= 0
MenuTimer		= 5

Then in your new BART.INI you would have this:
[MenuItems]
\BPE1\SETUPLDR.BIN; BART Preinstallation Environment
\XPE1\SETUPLDR.BIN; XPE Preinstallation Environment
:
:Return; Main Screen

[MenuOptions]
BGSymbol		= 32
TopText			=
BottomText		=
MenuPosition		= 02, 05, 76, 7
MenuBorderStyle		= 5
MenuShadowStyle		= 2
MenuTitle		= Initiate Preinstallation Environment
MenuDefault		= 0

And I want to customize the [MenuOptions] for PowerPacker as well. I was thinking a green theme for the HOME.ini file and a blue theme for the PRO.ini file.

Edited by Siginet, 06 May 2006 - 11:17 AM.

Posted Image
For those of you interested in my next software venture you can check it out here:
www.ITTechware.com

Telenut

Telenut

• PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 24-February 05
Thx for the info. But I wanted to use the cdshell.ini
Now I found out how to start one of the powerpacker installations. Just use: bcdw boot \XOPC\ROPC.BIN
I could edit the boot.ini from powerpacker, but that would be more work for me :-)
I'm still trying to combine everything on one CD.
Keep up the good work!

Telenut

Telenut

• PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 24-February 05
I can confirm that it works :-)
With BartPE included!
Now my only problem is: It is to big for one CD :P

Siginet

Siginet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Joined 22-January 05

I can confirm that it works :-)
With BartPE included!
Now my only problem is: It is to big for one CD :P

lol... yeah adding PE doesn't leave much room for programs in PE. Especially on a CD.

Posted Image
www.ITTechware.com

Siginet

Siginet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Joined 22-January 05
I found a bug. For some reason... when you add an XP Home Edition pack... It doesn't copy the IDENT files to the root of the DVD. :(

But I designed a new way for PowerPacker to get the IDENT files and it works better. So expect this fix to be in the next Beta. (Beta4)

Posted Image
www.ITTechware.com

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Joined 15-January 06
Another thing, Siginet. When I configure the PowerPacker for Extra Pack Files, the files don't get added to the pack dir (e.g. ROOT\ROPC\*).

Posted Image
--------------------
Posted Image

Siginet

Siginet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Joined 22-January 05
Again? ****... I will look into it.

Posted Image
www.ITTechware.com

Siginet

Siginet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Joined 22-January 05
I have confirmed the Extra Pack Files bug. I will fix it. ****... I never use it so it allways seems to get messed up somehow. :(

I am also adding a new "Advanced" tab that will have advanced features in it. I am in the process now of adding an area to Run a file (with parameters) upon completion of packing files. I've said I was going to add this feature for a long time. It will allow chaining of multiple PowerPacker processes together, Utalizing the RVM Integrator (Which has the chaining options too), or any other utility that has unattended parameters.

Edit: Just fixed the Extra Pack Section. ;)

Edited by Siginet, 13 May 2006 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image
www.ITTechware.com

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Joined 15-January 06
That's great! Thanks...:)

Can't wait for the next release...:lol:

Posted Image
--------------------
Posted Image

Telenut

Telenut

• PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 24-February 05
Is the beta3 that is online now the fixed one? I would like to test again this weekend.

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Joined 15-January 06
No, Siginet never posted a Beta 2. We need to wait for Beta 4.

Posted Image
--------------------
Posted Image

sonica

sonica

Junior

• Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 01-September 04
hello. i think i've found a bug in v1.0 RC8 Beta3

my winnt.sif file is not loaded.

after loadining it in powerpacker and creating the files, if i look in folder %MYUCD%\ROOT\XPPC\I386 the winnt.sif file doesn't includemy specific settings and also %MYUCD%\XPPC\wXPPC.sif doesn't include them

is this behaviour correct?

i tried both in tripac and in simple version but none of them worked

Siginet

Siginet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Joined 22-January 05

hello. i think i've found a bug in v1.0 RC8 Beta3

my winnt.sif file is not loaded.

after loadining it in powerpacker and creating the files, if i look in folder %MYUCD%\ROOT\XPPC\I386 the winnt.sif file doesn't includemy specific settings and also %MYUCD%\XPPC\wXPPC.sif doesn't include them

is this behaviour correct?

i tried both in tripac and in simple version but none of them worked

Hmmm... that is odd. None of my tests failed. Can you post your powpack.ini (or settings) file?

Posted Image
www.ITTechware.com

sonica

sonica

Junior

• Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 01-September 04
[InputOutput]
XPSource=D:\sloth_patchato
XPDestination=D:\dvdnew

[Exclusions]

[Extra Files]
ExtraPackDest=
ExtraRootDest=D:\file da aggiungere
ExtraRoot=Y

[Custom Options]
PackNameOn=N
Tri-Pack=N

[Unattended]
Unattend=X
Winnt.sif=D:\
$OEM$=D:\DVD\ROOT\XOPC\$OEM$

[DriverPacks]
DriverPack=P
DPSource=D:\driverpacks\UWXPCD_ROOT

[WinXPVersion]
XPVersion=P

[WinXPEdition]
XPEdition=C

[Win2k3Version]
2k3Version=

here it is

Siginet

Siginet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Joined 22-January 05
Only conclusion I can come up with is either your winnt.sif file does not exist at D:\winnt.sif ... Or powerpacker does not like it at the root of the drive? Not sure though. If wXPPC.sif exists in your boot directory then that means it should have copied it directly from i386 dir of your destination.

Is there possibly a winnt.sif file in your source i386 dir allready? Maybe WXPPP is not overwriteing it with your winnt.sif in your D:\?

Please run some more tests for me and let me know your conclusions.

ThX

Posted Image
www.ITTechware.com

stasys44

stasys44

• PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined 14-June 04
What about PowerPacker to support new DriverPacks 605 CP? Would like to get tripack.

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts
  • Joined 29-October 03

What about PowerPacker to support new DriverPacks 605 CP? Would like to get tripack.

There's an API but it's still in the testing phase (in fact it's just the multiboot support that's in testing phase). It will come very soon, though! ;)

Siginet

Siginet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Joined 22-January 05
Yes PowerPacker and the integrator will both have support for the new DP Base. ;)

Please bear with me though. I have a pinched nerve in my neck and I have been going to the doctors to hopefully get the pain releived. It makes it difficult for me to be at the computer for long periods of time. This is the biggest reason the new powerpacker is taking so long to code.

Posted Image
www.ITTechware.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users