Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WUPG98 updated!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,403 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

http://www.w98upg.net.tf/
The connection has timed out
The server at www.w98upg.net.tf is taking too long to respond.
http://bpa24.host.sk/wupg98en-AFL.exe
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wupg98en-AFL.exe on this server.
=====================
WUPG is 28 mb.
The old Auto-patcher (2007) plus Upgrade (2008) is over 300 mb in size.
What am I not understanding here?

I replied to your "I'm baffled" topic to provide a small amount of information. In addition, the file you want (in this topic) is also hosted on MDGx' website. Strangely enough, I just went there and was able to download it here. Dunno, maybe you need to actually go to the website (worked for me)?

Edited by submix8c, 05 February 2011 - 01:33 PM.

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

winxpi

winxpi

• PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 22-September 05

http://www.w98upg.net.tf/
The connection has timed out
The server at www.w98upg.net.tf is taking too long to respond.
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wupg98en-AFL.exe on this server.
=====================
WUPG is 28 mb.
The old Auto-patcher (2007) plus Upgrade (2008) is over 300 mb in size.
What am I not understanding here?

I replied to your "I'm baffled" topic to provide a small amount of information. In addition, the file you want (in this topic) is also hosted on MDGx' website. Strangely enough, I just went there and was able to download it here. Dunno, maybe you need to actually go to the website (worked for me)?

I checked "my" server right now.
It appears EVERY free homepage server using "host.sk" isn't working now.
Thats why wupg98.net.tf isn't working because its just a free-domain for the url http://bpa23.host.sk/wupg.html
So that the download isn't working currently is only logic, if the site doesn't open.
Its anyway not my fault if the web server is unavailable.
If you urgently need the pack then additionally look up mdgx.com.
The server will be available again right in time. So just wait if you have the time.
Don't worry be happy ;).
Thx.

Edited by winxpi, 12 February 2011 - 06:42 PM.

Windows 98 has not got older, it just matured after 12 years!

tonion

tonion
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-January 10
Greetings, this is the best pack for win9x I tried, since it was published, I not had problems, but after installing the latest flash player, flash games no longer run, I uninstalled but when trying to install the vercion above, does not allow me, I could solve this problem, I apologize if this topic is not, therefore, as I said before, everything else wupg98 to excellent results and even Flash player 10 not had problems, thank you and sorry for my bad English

prowler

prowler

• 39 posts
  • Joined 18-July 10
It works good and stable! But have some questions... After install WUPG98 am I need these updates:
MDCU (Maximus Decim Cumulative Update) - think NOT.
MDDACU (Maximus Decim Data Access Component Update) - ?
MDIE6CU (Maximus Decim Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Component Update) - ?
NUSB [?] (Native USB) for Windows 98/98SE - optional?

winxpi

winxpi

• PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 22-September 05

It works good and stable! But have some questions... After install WUPG98 am I need these updates:
MDCU (Maximus Decim Cumulative Update) - think NOT.
MDDACU (Maximus Decim Data Access Component Update) - ?
MDIE6CU (Maximus Decim Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Component Update) - ?
NUSB [?] (Native USB) for Windows 98/98SE - optional?

*NUSB won't be needed, USB improvement is already integrated in WUPG98.
About MDIE6CU I have to say the last IE6 Update in the 98Pack is called

*KB953838 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (October, 2008) .
So if MDIE6CU has updates newer than Oct. 2008 YOU SHOULD INSTALL THEM if using IE6(!).
Not if you use firefox already.

*About MDDACU and MDCU I know to less.

winxpi

winxpi

• PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 22-September 05

Greetings, this is the best pack for win9x I tried, since it was published, I not had problems, but after installing the latest flash player, flash games no longer run, I uninstalled but when trying to install the vercion above, does not allow me, I could solve this problem, I apologize if this topic is not, therefore, as I said before, everything else wupg98 to excellent results and even Flash player 10 not had problems, thank you and sorry for my bad English

Thank you very much!
I hope everything is ok again.
Anyway if you use Firefox there should be nearly zero problems.

RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Joined 13-April 05

For English language Win98:

FAILED! (Error 403!)
Asus P5QL Pro, Core 2 Duo E4500, eVGA GeForce 9500 GT with XP Pro x64 Edition -> Works great with Asus P5QL Pro!

X-Mas

X-Mas

• 23 posts
  • Joined 23-December 05

FAILED! (Error 403!)

Thank you very much for this announcement.
Our host.sk server however deleted the file out of unknown reasons and further uploads of certain sizes ON THERE are not possible.
I am uploading it now on an alternative server.

Please watch the first site of the thread I posted the new links now!

Edited by X-Mas, 25 March 2012 - 09:10 AM.

I'm just the hoster of bpa23.host.sk , I told you 1000 times!

PGJK

PGJK
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-April 13
WARNING!!!!! DO NOT (REPEAT! DO NOT!!!) DOWNLOAD FROM THE LINKS PROVIDE BELOW UNLESS ...You want toolbars and other misc crap downloaded and installed on your computer iF POSSIBLE LOCATE & DOWNLOAD THE FILE "wupg98en-AFL.EXE" ELSEWHERE

November 2010: WUPG98 NEW VERSION AVAILABLE NOW !!!

The newest version is now named "WUPG98 Afterlife Edition:"

Upgrade Pack 98 © by X-Pachner ®

Over a decade old and far more mature!
"WUPG98!- cause a 12 years matured OS cannot be compared with a "7" month OS-Baby."

***Upgrade Pack 98 -Afterlife Edition****

Includes cumulative about 60-70 Microsoft Updates ,USB-Mass Storage Device Drivers for Windows 98(USB drivers for Windows 98 supporting most USB devices),Internet-Games,Movie Maker 1.0 with 287564 Update, and many more.

See http://www.w98upg.net.tf

Who is responsible for the Product:
ANY QUESTIONS? PLEASE WRITE: winxpi

The most important:

http://uploading.com...pg98en-AFL.EXE/

For German language Win98:
http://uploading.com...pg98de-AFL.EXE/

===============================================================================
For consideration:

WUPG98 programmed by winxpi aka "X-Pachner" was first released public December 2005
when he was 17 years old.

Posted 23 December 2005 - 06:23 PM
http://www.msfn.org/...e-pack-relesed/

CharlotteTheHarlot

CharlotteTheHarlot

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  • Joined 24-September 07

WARNING!!!!! DO NOT (REPEAT! DO NOT!!!) DOWNLOAD FROM THE LINKS PROVIDE BELOW UNLESS ...You want toolbars and other misc crap downloaded and installed on your computer iF POSSIBLE LOCATE & DOWNLOAD THE FILE "wupg98en-AFL.EXE" ELSEWHERE

The actual file is fine. It is a WinRar SFX and is a perfectly safe archive. Here is the one from that link that I just tested ...

2013-04-28 00:55 29,746,887 wupg98en-AFL.EXEThe problem that the above commenter is describing originates from the piece of crap website called Uploading.com. When you first get to the intermediate page for downloading you have to quickly uncheck the box that says "use download accelerator". The page is on a timer, so you have to be fast ...

Posted Image

If you fail to do this, the default automatically sends you the "download accelerator", a euphemism for a spyware laden un-necessary software ...

Posted Image

Note the size of the file indicated by the arrow. Many sites send you a downloader and most times they are a few hundred KB in size like this one. You do not want or need the "downloaders" because at the very least they will have toolbars, if not actual spyware.

So uncheck that box quickly and you should never see the downloader. I suggest the OP edit the top post and warn folks ( you can use this image if you want - http://i.imgur.com/k3pd4aP.jpg - it is that first one shown ).

P.S. Another thing to note is that the default action for that file download dialog in my Opera window there is "Save" and NOT "Run". I can't remember if that is something that Opera has by default or if it is a preference I changed. But it is a very important distinction because if it were "Run" it would mean the only thing separating your computer from malware is a single click or "Enter". :blink:

EDIT: typos

Edited by CharlotteTheHarlot, 28 April 2013 - 01:30 AM.

... Let him who hath understanding reckon the Number Of The Beast ...

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,403 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
In addition, the "THE SKY IS FALLING!!!" poster fails to note that there are two other options (probably more complete).
(WOW! First post to come and SCREAM!)

Fair warning again given - do NOT mix this one with the OTHER projects!

Please ALSO note that Autopatcher include many (MANY) Optional Components (IE6, DX9, etc) that this one does NOT!

SESP3 is a "repackaged" set of Updates requiring no other Optionals to be installed.

THIS package falls more in line with Autopatcher methods and WILL require other Packages to be installed FIRST!

This also explains the "size" differences. Reference the sticky "Complete List Of Hotfixes" for more information.

As the Old Crusader said in Indiana Jones "Choose wisely...".

(Sky not falling, move along folks, nothing to see here...)

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

winxpi

winxpi

• PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 22-September 05

The actual file is fine. It is a WinRar SFX and is a perfectly safe archive. Here is the one from that link that I just tested ...

2013-04-28 00:55 29,746,887 wupg98en-AFL.EXEThe problem that the above commenter is describing originates from the piece of crap website called Uploading.com. When you first get to the intermediate page for downloading you have to quickly uncheck the box that says "use download accelerator". The page is on a timer, so you have to be fast ...

Posted Image

If you fail to do this, the default automatically sends you the "download accelerator", a euphemism for a spyware laden un-necessary software ...

Posted Image

Note the size of the file indicated by the arrow. Many sites send you a downloader and most times they are a few hundred KB in size like this one. You do not want or need the "downloaders" because at the very least they will have toolbars, if not actual spyware.

So uncheck that box quickly and you should never see the downloader. I suggest the OP edit the top post and warn folks ( you can use this image if you want - http://i.imgur.com/k3pd4aP.jpg - it is that first one shown ).

P.S. Another thing to note is that the default action for that file download dialog in my Opera window there is "Save" and NOT "Run". I can't remember if that is something that Opera has by default or if it is a preference I changed. But it is a very important distinction because if it were "Run" it would mean the only thing separating your computer from malware is a single click or "Enter". :blink:

EDIT: typos

Thank you for asking.
I had to put the download file on "uploading.com" because several times when it was on "host.sk" servers the downloads were unavailable althought I put the file on the server.
So I choosed to use a external server which is more reliable!

X-Mas

X-Mas

• 23 posts
  • Joined 23-December 05

I've done some testing with the browsers. However I found out that FireFox 3 is not the best choice.

I'm now using the Opera version 10.63 on my Windows 98SE Pc which is better than FF.

For example when I tried loading the website "List of TCP and UDP port numbers - Wikipedia" the loading of the table it took nearly eternities with ff3 or internet explorer 6.

Background info: The opera 10.63 (apparently for windows me, but it will work on 98se too, at least on using kernelEx) is from 2010.

so pretty actual!

I found the version through "wikihow" -"how to use windows 98".

The direct link (if unknown) to the browser is:

http://www.oldapps.com/opera.php?old_opera=85 

Btw. I want to say thank you to the community for the great uptodate "  Last Versions of Software for Windows 98SE " section, through which I found Spybot Search&Destroy 2.2 as a Anti-Spyware software. At the moment I'm trying to optimize internet speed on my 98se Pc. Because I don't want to take the fact, that my machine only reaches 6mbps download potential through a 100BaseT cable!  And our max speed on every other OS is 15Mbit/s with W-Lan! So I'm trying to find out if there is any spyware on it.

Soon I'll find out more!

Edited by X-Mas, 07 November 2013 - 05:53 PM.

TmEE

TmEE

Mega Drive Modding Master

• PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08

11.64 is the better option if you have KernelEx installed, and 12.02 works too but is much slower...

Posted Image Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)

X-Mas

X-Mas

• 23 posts
  • Joined 23-December 05

11.64 is the better option if you have KernelEx installed, and 12.02 works too but is much slower...

Thanks. I'm running the 11 version now and installed flash 10 over latest kernel ex.

Only problem is, whenever i use the IE6 flash applications make the browser crash(as flash 10 is only supposed to run on win 2000 and ie6 from win98se don't work together). However I could speed up my downloads a bit. But its no real boost.

I used this application: http://www.speedguid...t/downloads.php

Just wanted to share this information, as I know how it sometimes sucks being limited on internet speed just because of the registry settings and so stuff...

Edited by X-Mas, 24 November 2013 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users