How do i do an unattended setup without a product key?
It seems im always asked for one.
Hmm, haven't tried without a key. Maybe the VLK insists on a key because there's no other way of verification/activation after install? The Retail/OEM editions of Office 2007 probably allow for installing without a key, and run for 25 times before you need to insert a key and activate.
Do you know, how it's possible to desactivate the "pop-up" when you open Office 2007 for the first time ?
I have modified some parameters in my MSP file. But no effect.
FYI, I use Office 2007 Enterprise SP2 MUI, with MSP file and XML configuration...
Here is the screenshot
Hi Greg, I have no idea how to get rid of that "pop up" as you call it. Tried a few things in the MSP and XML initially, but didn't manage to make that part silent. Maybe this can be done through a registry entry. Try this:
1. Install Windows fresh.
2. Install Office 2007 (in your customized style, in whatever way you do it) but don't start any constituent apps just yet.
3. Use a tool that allows for comparing before/after snapshots of the Registry (like RegShot) to take a first snapshot.
4. Open any app (Excel/Word/etc), click through the "pop up" with the options you want, and then maybe close the app.
5. Now take a second snapshot of the registry (RegShot?).
6. RegShot is capable of comparing the two snapshots and showing you (in text form) which registry keys were changed.
7. Read through the log of changes (made in step 6), use process of elimination to understand which key is likely to be the one you want.
8. Visit the registry, confirm it, make a .REG file of the relevant entries.
9. Install Windows fresh again, and Office 2007 with your customizations and also apply the .REG file, see if the popup is gone.
If you hit upon the solution, please do post back to this thread to let us know.
I've also added it to xp sp3 using the "Option B" ( config.xml ) and after the almost complete unattended install, the last screen still pops up giving the option to go online or close...and i really have to interact to close it.
Any solution for this?
Any sugestion or solution would be apreciated, i'm just stuck at that sh** screen...
Hi IcemanZH, immediately above is a similar issue posted by Greg. Try the same steps I've suggested to him, and please post back to let us know of the results.
Has anybody tried to add Admin folder into the root of Office 2007 retail version (to enable OCT). Here's a quick tutorial how to grab Admin folder: link
Followed the steps, but in my case didn't replace (cause I have Office 2007 pro retail version), just added Admin folder and "setup.exe /admin" is working, now.
EDIT: Installation went just fine. That means non-VL(K) editions of Office 2007 can use OCT with custom made .MSP!
"Admin" folder (from AdminTemplates.exe) has been available since 10/11/2007. Latest one (SP2) can be found here (4/29/2009). Update/add "Admin" folder whether you have VL(K) or non-VL(K). It requires Office 2007 with SP2, but I have doubt about it.
Thanks for the above info, it is much appreciated. This would be very helpful to those with Retail/OEM copies of the suite.