Unattending or silently installing MS Office System, has now become easier than ever. There are two ways to unattend your setup:
--> Option A (use it only if you got Office2007 thru SoftwareAssurance, which comes with activation stripped out).
--> Option B is for all the others (retail/OEM/academic/trial/etc). Both are colored differently below.
1. Ensure you have an actual VLK (some call it enterprise/corporate) disc & product-key.
2. Notably, o2k7 uses setup patches (*.MSP) for uA, rather than transforms which previous versions used (*.MST). The below instructions will give you an MSP file, which is not accepted by non-corporate versions of o2k7. If you ignored point1 above, then you will end up wasting 15 minutes of your life which I'm not responsible for.
3. Now at the command prompt, type: setup.exe /admin
4. Choose the product for which you want to make a customization-patch.
5. Then go through all steps in the customization wizard (to install the reqd apps & remove junk & change default settings).
6. Be sure to have "completion notice" turned on & "suppress modals" turned off (this is to get to see errors, if any exist). Once you're done with testing, go thru the customization again to modify the MSP to disable completion notice & enable suppress modals.
7. Save the resulting patch file in the same folder as o2k7 setup files.
8. Now just execute this command (thru any method) for silent install: setup.exe /adminfile CUSTOM.MSP
Or if you have the Office 2007 Enterprise VLK, you could even drop the CUSTOM.MSP file in the "Updates" folder & setup will pick it up automatically (without any switches being used). For this, ensure you have WindowsInstaller 3.1 already installed. You can add in further MSP files (extracted from SP1 update EXE) as well, to have updates applied during install.
*** For completely silent install, you MUST set the DisplayLevel to "none", either by MSP (accessible from step 6 above) or by xml, otherwise you'll get a confirmation dialog similar to the image shown in attachment below. (do this only AFTER testing, when you're sure it works)
Number of downloads: 1341
This post has been edited by prathapml: 08 November 2008 - 12:24 PM