Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Preventing installation of Windows firewall in an unattended install

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

catman915

catman915

• 30 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
I've been unable to find a method that will prevent the installation/activation of windows firewall in my UA install. I've tried the
"[WindowsFirewall]
Profiles = WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall
[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]
Mode = 0"

approach in my winnt.sif file and it doesn't work. The problem is that when zonealarm installs the firewall blocks a part of it requiring intervention. My goal is to wind up with zonealarm installed and windows firewall either not installed or deactivated without having to address the popup from windows firewall. Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Noise

Noise

Windows Guru

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Joined 27-February 04
That works for me...

You can try disabling the windows firewall service in your cmdlines.txt file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SharedAccess]
"Start"=dword:00000004

oioldman

oioldman

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • Joined 16-April 04
I would also disable the windowsfirewall service, however i would use the key out of CurrentControlSet as the those with 001 & 002 are used for repair/recovery if a login doesn't happen.

Both that in the winnt.sif & regkey applied at cmdlines.txt do work very well.
"Information on the Internet is subject to the same rules and regulations as conversation at a bar" Dr George Lundberg

Search: To make a thorough examination of; look over carefully in order to find something; explore.

Antec P182 containing 8GB DDR2 Corsair & Intel Quad 6600 plugged in to Asus P5E-VM HDMI running W7 Professional

catman915

catman915

• 30 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
Thanks nois3 and oioldman.
oioldman I'm not to swift at this yet. Do you have the code required to implement and where it goes? Thanks

oioldman

oioldman

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • Joined 16-April 04
with regards the winnt.sif addition, you have that in you original post, i normally add towards the end of the file.
[WindowsFirewall]
Profiles = WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall
[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]
Mode = 0
and the reg key is
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Disable Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess]
"Start"=dword:00000004

This i add to my regtweaks.reg file and is called from cmdlines.txt
"Information on the Internet is subject to the same rules and regulations as conversation at a bar" Dr George Lundberg

Search: To make a thorough examination of; look over carefully in order to find something; explore.

Antec P182 containing 8GB DDR2 Corsair & Intel Quad 6600 plugged in to Asus P5E-VM HDMI running W7 Professional

catman915

catman915

• 30 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
Thanks. Problem solved!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users