Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
war59312

Build 5.1.2195 Released - Download Now

52 posts in this topic

Hey,

Gurgelmeyer’s Unofficial Windows 2000 SP5 Build 5.1.2195 has been released!

Download it here:

http://www.war59312.com/archives/2006/04/2...6th_2006_build/

Major Geeks Mirror Now Online:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Microsoft_Window...l_SP_d4817.html

Softpedia Mirror Now Online:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...icial-SP5.shtml

Enjoy,

Will

Edited by war59312

is there a torrent ??? or shall i seed one ??? on some (thats meand i havent chosen one yet), torrent site....

I'll be brief (I'm on a very slow line right now, because my ISP wants me to pay the same bill twice... long story, don't worry :lol:)

USP 5.1.2195.21 (21 is the build number) contains:

- ~40-50 new non-security updates not available from WU. I think I got them all now, but I keep saying that don't I :whistle:

- All the security updates that were available on WU on 2006-04-16 for Windows 2000 and for the Windows 2000 versions of the built-in or the USP provided components.

- Fixes a BUG which caused setup from DOS to fail

- Fixes a BUG which might cause USP setup to take longer than it should

- Adds the USP version and build date to the System Properties

Next: USP 5.2 ! When? Donno. I definately need my DSL....

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer B)

@Gurgelmeyer

i think you must build a something like roll-up version so you didn't have to upload a BIG files only if you update some :D

or maybe think about byte patcher that can compare byte between a two big files and then you upload the patcher version :D

me, still waiting for USP 5.5 Extreme

I just want WMP9 added in. (Or a seperate addon would work too!) :whistle:

Thanks for all the hard work though, it is appreciated. :thumbup

i'd just like to say it's working great! applied it to a vanilla win2k, used nlite to get it down to a 135mb iso, and so far it's done everything i've asked of it. wonderful job.

or maybe think about byte patcher that can compare byte between a two big files and then you upload the patcher version

i don't think a byte pacher will do the trick.... because its often far from acurate.

a dif file though COULD perhaps help A litle bit though i think the work wouldn't be worth the few extra megs saved...

@gurgle, someone has picked up a nice project to create a 2k-ize patcher for win2k... screenshots look promising...

another thing involes that BTS-driver packs now supports creating a fully-slipstreamd driver-base...

(drivers.cab dosnet.inf etc), so my question for you is, witch types of drivers do you prefer build in windows and witch you want out (for now)

i myself would thing that, it would be best to start with basics, Chipset, VGA Sound LAN PCMCIA and SATA ... and fully removing printer + scanner drivers... do you agrea?

Edited by -I-

someone has picked up a nice project to create a 2k-ize patcher for win2k... screenshots look promising...

you mean me? lol :D

i hope gurgelmeyer will finish up usp 5.5 extreme in next 3 months so i can recheck the pack in that version (i have checked on usp 5.1 and it look close enough to stable, except the skinning engine)

or maybe think about byte patcher that can compare byte between a two big files and then you upload the patcher version

i don't think a byte pacher will do the trick.... because its often far from acurate.

a dif file though COULD perhaps help A litle bit though i think the work wouldn't be worth the few extra megs saved...

I do agree that the download size is a problem. One thought is to release a crosslinked ISO 9660 - those are easy to create, and at least you would get "all" USP versions in one download - more value for money.

Another thought on the matter is, that most ppl probably use the USP's on 2K Pro, and don't care about the server variants. And a Pro-only variant of each USP will definately be smaller.

@gurgle, someone has picked up a nice project to create a 2k-ize patcher for win2k... screenshots look promising...
Interesting :)
another thing involes that BTS-driver packs now supports creating a fully-slipstreamd driver-base...

(drivers.cab dosnet.inf etc), so my question for you is, witch types of drivers do you prefer build in windows and witch you want out (for now)

i myself would thing that, it would be best to start with basics, Chipset, VGA Sound LAN PCMCIA and SATA ... and fully removing printer + scanner drivers... do you agrea?

I quite agree - SATA is however more important than PCMCIA I believe. Chipsets, SATA, Video (incl monitors), LAN 10/100/1000, Audio (full AC97 at least). Donno about printers and scanners yet B)

/G B)

Interesting :)

I find that interesting too. Recently I started hacking my system files to put WinXP icons in them. I discovered that lots of icons are old though, so got to fixing them up by merging certain XP ones with others. I'd really love prettier icons, so post a link to your project. I can also help make a few icons too if needed, since I've eliminated most ugly ones from Explorer.exe and Shell32.dll already.

ill start right on theme this weekend -

thank god my isp has changed bandwith limits for me from 10 to 24gb per month, (helpfull for these tasks)...

I find that interesting too. Recently I started hacking my system files to put WinXP icons in them. I discovered that lots of icons are old though, so got to fixing them up by merging certain XP ones with others. I'd really love prettier icons, so post a link to your project. I can also help make a few icons too if needed, since I've eliminated most ugly ones from Explorer.exe and Shell32.dll already.

please PM me for that :D