Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

help with recycle bin

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

wickerwolf

wickerwolf

Junior

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 19-April 06
hi :hello:
is there a tweak that allows you to either hide or remove the recycle bin of desktop and set it to "use one setting for all drives" and "do not move files to recycle bin, remove files imediatly when deleted" ?
New rig on the way..........

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

oldwolf

oldwolf

Wolf

• PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 11-May 05
Right click on Icon>Properties>set as needed.
To remove Icon use MS TweakUI, it allows removal of certain desktop Icons.

Hope this helps.
And the chorus heard was that of beasts,
Over the hushed calm of winter echoed the wolfsong.

FAT64

FAT64

• PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Joined 09-October 04
The following will hide the bin: save as reg file

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu]
"{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
"{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"=dword:00000001

And this will show the bin: again save as reg file

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu]
"{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
"{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"=dword:00000000
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

wickerwolf

wickerwolf

Junior

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 19-April 06
hey, thanks the registry entry works great for hiding it and i can incorparate it into my xp cd is there a way to add to that so that it automaticaly sets the recycle bin to delet files instead of sending them to it?
New rig on the way..........

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

hey, thanks the registry entry works great for hiding it and i can incorparate it into my xp cd is there a way to add to that so that it automaticaly sets the recycle bin to delet files instead of sending them to it?

Yes
But this is one of those keys that you need to set it the way you like and export it cause it contains other things for Your machine. Go to this key and export the "ShellState"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]"ShellState"=hex:24,00,xx,xx,xx.....

Edited by maxXPsoft, 25 April 2006 - 06:42 AM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users