Add-On Maker for Nlite 1.2.4 Update: 06/17/2006

Thanks for a great program and I have a couple of basic questions

(1) Does Add-On Maker see the contents of subdirectories in the folder it reads from or just the one folder?

(2) I have created a few addons that work fine, and have started to get a little fancier by setting up .cmd files as installs for programs that need extra stuff like copying files to the program directory and the like. Are there any limitations on what commands can be in these batch files that I should know about? I noticed it put something called Batchrunner.exe in there and I am having a few problems I want to track down.

I think I have a path to solving my problems with batch file addons now.

I had pulled out the self-extracting .exe with Universal Extractor, so I still had batchrunner.exe (that links to the batchrunner topic) in the source folder. I ran Maker and I got some error "Unable to find files.7z" although I am not sure of the exact wording because I can't re-create it. I took out batchrunner and I stopped getting the error. I put it back in and still don't get the error. :rolleyes:

Also if Maker creates the batch-file addon succesfully and it fails during Windows installation with something like "Specified file is not a batch file", it is necessary to make sure batchrunner will run that particular batch file by running it from a cmd window:

batchrunner install.cmd

Although install.cmd is the default for batchrunner anyway so the filename can be omitted. Apparently running install.cmd directly is not a good enough test.

Edited by daddydave

How do i embed serial numbers into my software while using the add on for nlite??? so that way it'll save me a hassel in finding the key and inputting it.

well,you can export the serial from registry to a reg file,then add a CMD file to your installation containing the line

regedit /s key.reg

• 5 weeks later...
thx

i used: /qn /passive

is it normal that the .ini files does not show the commands?

my question exactly..... I've downloaded a few files from winAddon, and the switches/commands are present there. It's weird.

thx

i used: /qn /passive

is it normal that the .ini files does not show the commands?

The ini will not show the command line switches because the .exe is the self-extractor, not the original setup.exe

So if you every need to run the silent installer directly instead of usgin an addon, you can just extract it out of the .cab and not use the .ini.

Edited by daddydave

Hi Carni, :thumbup

Is the program fully functional if I first install it, then copy the contents under Program Files elsewhere and then delete the Directory under Program Files? I mean, does it store anything elswhere, e.g. in Registry, in other Directories?

Can I use it this way on my USB Key (without installation)?

And subsequently, which files can I delete that are obsolete when I use it without installation? I would guess unins000.exe and unins000.dat...

Thx!

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

This does not work for me. Add-on Maker isn't actually writing my switches to entries_jre.ini

For example, what I'm looking for is this:

[general]
builddate=
description=This installation was built with Inno Setup: http://www.innosetup.com
language=English (United States)
title=
version=
website=

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
nero-7.7.5.1-micro.exe /SILENT /NOREBOOT /SN=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /WRITE_SN

but what I get is this

[general]

builddate=

description=This installation was built with Inno Setup: http://www.innosetup.com

language=English (United States)

title=

version=

website=

[EditFile]

I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]

nero.exe

Edited by zulu9812

@zulu... The switches are included in the 7zip sfx and is not needed in the svcpack.inf

You can test it by extracting the installer from the addon and executing it and you will see if it installs automatically or not with no need for you to add any other parameters

Edited by ricktendo64

Okay, over in the Application Installs forum I've been figuring it out how to do an unattended install when the serial is normally after install. Can I use N-Lite Add-On Maker to call a .reg file during the installation process? I tried using the following swtiches:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=95147

but when I tried to run the sfx archive I just got 'config failed'

• 3 weeks later...

hi {_carnificina_}! i tried using your addon maker recently to make my very 1st addon (XPero's eXPander) ... although everythng went on smoothly, it didn't integrate :( ... i tried to use FCGBA to check the result and there were some reports about missing parts (if i remeber it correctly it had to do with dosnet & default install parts) ... i likewise tried using xpaom but i likewise encountered error/s (i'll try to reproduce it and report back) ... a few questions here:

(1) how do i cab multiple files (i can do this for 1 file only thru makecab & apparently drag & drop doesn't work either)?

(2) on the contrary, how do i delete some files within a cab file (as 7zip doesn't allow me to do so)?

(3) would there be a way in nlaom to include shortcuts in the start menu (under Utilities) or even on the desktop (linking to C:\Program Files\XPero)?

(4) is the latest ver 1.2.4 (it shows in the file properties though as ver 0.0.0.0? wouldn't there be any update on this?

i'd really love to have XPero's eXPander so any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated ... ;) my apologies as i've mentioned this is my 1st attempt ...

Edited by Kiki Burgh