Add-On Maker for Nlite 1.2.4 Update: 06/17/2006

There is no virus... The virus hits that you get are all false positives... It in clean, and I am using the program right now... This is much easier than manually making 7-zip sfx installers....

Could someone please fix this problem? A virus warning, false or not, is unacceptable. I'd really like to use this software but won't do so until AVG stops telling me there's a trojan inside.

Tell AVG about the issue... The author of the software can't do much about the false positives.

• 2 weeks later...

@all

There are no Virus.

Please use a better Anti Virus Program with a better Scanengine, like Avast Home Edition, it`s Free for Homeuser. :thumbup

I believe, the Programer of this Tool will not sent you a virus. :yes:

cya

jojo2005

update version 2.0 ( in testing )

Hi,

I've downloaded the nlite-addon from your virtualtek website, but the version in "about" is 1.2.4 from 6/17/2006. It doesn't show

v2.0 or v2.0 beta. Please post the beta in addition to this other version. Moreover, the info on your site says "xp add-on". Won't

this work on Win 2K Pro or Vista?

Edited by mikesw

update version 2.0 ( in testing )

Hi,

I've downloaded the nlite-addon from your virtualtek website, but the version in "about" is 1.2.4 from 6/17/2006. It doesn't show

v2.0 or v2.0 beta. Please post the beta in addition to this other version. Moreover, the info on your site says "xp add-on". Won't

this work on Win 2K Pro or Vista?

Here's some more info concerning the virus detected.

AVG 8.0.169 detects a trojan horse PSW.Banker4.ADQM on the copy from your website for v1.2.4. 2006. If one scans the file nothing

is found. If one installs the file, and run the 'Launch', AVG reports a tmp file with this trojan is found.

If one downloads the rar file from rapidshare v1.3.7 2007 and unrar it, followed by ,install and launching the application, AVG reports

no trojan. Thus, the one on your site may have a trojan.

See this link for other reasons. http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34658

Now for problems.

a). Why are you using for the language file extension "itc" and not "lng" or "lang"? itc seems to be an itunes extension.

b ). The Arabic, and chinese characters probably weren't saved as 'unicode' or 'utf-8' by the authors when they used notepad.

Note: I'm using win2k pro sp4 and the help files say that to display these characters its best to use "San-serif" which they are, so

saving in unicode may be the problem as to why they are displayed an unreadable (unrecognizable) characters.

c). For the Bulgarian file, if one uses notepad, the bulgarian characters showup, but when running v1.3.7 2007 they are displayed

as ????? marks.

d). The English file is out of date in terms of the defined menu entries (not the translated words) vs. the spanish one before the equals "=" sign.

e). The itc file has a menu entry called "Author=". However, everyone who is translating into their language is entering

their name since they translated the file, but really this entry is to translate the word "Author" into their language instead of entering

their name. Thus, when the program is run their name is displayed and not the translated word for Author. Hence, when one uses

the tool to create a s/w package, the person who did it should enter their name in the field under the word Author (which is in their language).

Provide another itc file entry for Lang_Translate= or something which allows one to enter a name or email that will be displayed under

the "About" tab screen. Put the version number of your tool here too instead of on the "genrl" tab which should be spelled as "general".

e). Alot of the tabs and some screens are still in spanish although one translated the itc file completely. The reason is because the its file

needs to be updated to include these other fields along with their translations so that the tabs and some screens will show the correct info.

f). Prefer that there is a tab called 'language' or 'options' so that one can select the language one wants to use. Presently, it is under

'About' and when one hits 'ok' it doesn't remember ones settting. Thus, if you exit and later on come back and use the tool again,

it doesn't use the language you selected previously.

Edited by mikesw

I test program web site no virus detected.

thankz mikesw

Can you list which Antivir and version number you used to do the test?

At least if people post what antivir programs detect (maybe false) virus' vs

nothing one can narrow down the problem or list of antivir software that gives

misleading info.

@all

There are no Virus.

Please use a better Anti Virus Program with a better Scanengine, like Avast Home Edition, it`s Free for Homeuser. :thumbup

I believe, the Programer of this Tool will not sent you a virus. :yes:

cya

jojo2005

See DMD61 on Jul 2,2008 which stated that Avast Pro was detecting a virus.

I've already listed the link for why this may occur. :whistle:

I ran nlaom-setup.exe at www.virustotal.com which used 36 AV engines. It came up positive on 2/36 engines. A lot of the AV engines were updated and had fewer FP hits than a few months ago.

results here:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/f54f482...063b6dc2559d7ab

I still believe it is a false positive and will continue to use this great addon maker.

Edited by gkar

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for ur post, i reallly apprecite ur post. But can u or anybody help me to create SENSIVA 2.0 as nlite addon. Reply.

I couldn't download it anywhere to tell you.

You may find the silent switches yourself by Start/Run/Filename.xxx /? or /h or download CMENU 2.6.0.88 (Context Menu Enhancement) which can identify a lot of installers with a right click and give you the switches.

http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/michaelpheath/cmenu/

Edited by gkar

• 1 month later...

VirusTotal.com (MD5 link, check hash first, more and likely it's already been uploaded) is a great site. I'm using Avira AntiVir free edition. I was using Avast 4.8 Home free edition but gave to many false positives. Before that AVG 7.5 free.

Basically people, if VirusTotal shows that Kaspersky and Nod32v2 (new v3, when does v2 support end?) don't show any problems then it is safe. Period: Case Closed. However this may change in 6 months or a year if they start slipping, or if Nod32v3 isn't as good as v2.

Edited by sb1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Microsoft office 2003, or 2007 addon?

How to make addon of Office 2003, or 2007 with Nlite addon maker?

I am totaly new so please tell me the exact steps, if possible with pictures.

Thank you

Edited by imaljko4