Add-On Maker for Nlite 1.2.4 Update: 06/17/2006

**** what an amazing tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If italian translation is need, just pm me!!!!!!!!

A question: on my unattended copy of winxp i have some cab files old and i would like to overwrite them with new versions but..how to? can i just delete the olds one or what must i do? For example Skype, every week we have a new version, how to do?

Man i want to use this program... for some reason when it's compressing the program hangs. everytime, nomatter which compression i do.

also

with things like those powertoy programs(ie. tabswitch), do you use the windows XP support tools (/qn) for all power toys for unintended installation?

I love it cuz u can test if the installer will work by decompessing the cab file and double clicking the silent installer, you will find out if the switches u filled in are correct or wrong, u dont have to wait till u reinstall to find out if the addon u just made will work.

Thanx :thumbup

Not to say this is no good. It is an excellent program but I too am having problems with it freezing. It seems to work with some install files I have created with Inno but then some it won't. 7zip uses loads of processing power when it freezes. I've tried creating a .cab without ticking the 7zip box but it still freezes. Nothing to do with the window being minimized or whatever.

mm i made it work when i move the .exe file i want to cab into it's own folder.

ricktendo64: i'm trying to make a cab file for tweakUi powertoy and the switch is /qb, as suggested in the list in the nlite installer. but when i extract the silent installer from the cab file it it runs like a normal non-silent install.

when you have made a cab correctly, does the silent installer just runs and then exits by itself?

when you have made a cab correctly, does the silent installer just runs and then exits by itself?
I just tried your switch and it didnt work fom me either, if you want to test nlaom succesfully I made a Diskeeper 10 addon, but it took trial and error, for example the switch starts with /S in caps instead of the diskeeper 7 (" /s /v""/qn REBOOT=Suppress") one from nlaom,

here is the diskeeper 10 switch: /S /v/qb

took me bout a thousand tries to find it, and yes! nlaom is suposed to make a silent switch installer.

thanks for the info rick, apparently the same command works for the task switcher, it did pop up a window with all the useable switches i just didnt know it has to be excatly like that.

with the task switcher i was able to find the popup window with the list of switches by using a shortcut and putting /qn in the target.

this does not seem to work with other powertoy like TweakUi. How do people usually find the list of switches for any installer?

Kel has made a tweakUI control panel addon here http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=576

And u can find more here http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511

Addon makers

Creareur Addon from vier (insert the switch first B-4 u select the program)

NLPC nLite Plugin Creater (Similar to nlaom without the silent switch it puts the switches in the .ini file)

Universal Silent Switch Finder in Send To Menu (this addon just right click the installer MSI or EXE and send to/USSF and it will tell u the correct switch)

Edited by ricktendo64

I just tried your switch and it didnt work fom me either, if you want to test nlaom succesfully I made a Diskeeper 10 addon, but it took trial and error, for example the switch starts with /S in caps instead of the diskeeper 7 (" /s /v""/qn REBOOT=Suppress") one from nlaom,

here is the diskeeper 10 switch: /S /v/qb

took me bout a thousand tries to find it, and yes! nlaom is suposed to make a silent switch installer.

Which the program that you are making?