Add-On Maker for Nlite 1.2.4 Update: 06/17/2006

Hallo guys, could someone of you help me??? i Know nLite addon maker firts since 3 days, but i have made some nice packs for me. but i have two problems:

1. i cant create packs of .msi installer, what i make worng? i make the same things like with nsis installers. i select the installer and than i write name.msi /qn an it doesnt work. During windows insattling there comes only a window which says me the installer version.

2. I want to integreat nlite addon maker, but after installing this pack the tool starts and i must choose languag. i dont want that. how can i make that correct?

Sorry for my bad englisch

I want to integreat nlite addon maker, but after installing this pack the tool starts and i must choose languag. i dont want that. how can i make that correct?
Isnt that ironic? nlaom cant make an addon from itself :D

Ive been asking carnificina on how do I do the exact thing without it launching or asking for a language.

Ive tried /LANG=English_(USA) but no go

• 2 weeks later...
Hallo guys, could someone of you help me??? i Know nLite addon maker firts since 3 days, but i have made some nice packs for me. but i have two problems:

1. i cant create packs of .msi installer, what i make worng? i make the same things like with nsis installers. i select the installer and than i write name.msi /qn an it doesnt work. During windows insattling there comes only a window which says me the installer version.

2. I want to integreat nlite addon maker, but after installing this pack the tool starts and i must choose languag. i dont want that. how can i make that correct?

Sorry for my bad englisch

its windows is with windows to installer 3,1 integrated?

I've been working a lot thats why i didn't como here.

i just started to use NLAOM and am now coming up against some problems myself.

first of all it will not make an addon properly for any .msi programs.

second, there are several programs which despite following all of the instructions I have been able to find everywhere online for silent installs for the installers that the programs use it still refuses to install silently.

I am finding that I have to actually click on butons to make the programs install which obviously defeats the purpose of creating the silent installers in the first place.

I have used utilities that tell me what type of installers the programs use and what switches to use use to create them and despite doing this it is not working.

The programs I am having trouble with are as follows:

alcohol 120% - which nlaom actually already has in its internal database.

avira antivirus - RAR SFX installer

dreamweaver MX - which nlaom has in its database.

Trillian Auto Backup - NSIS installer

Total Commander - Inno Installer

there are some more but these are .msi installers and I don't know whats going on with them.

any ideas anyone.

If anyone would like to actually be able to download and look at these addons to see if they can diagnose or fix the problem send me a message and I will provide you with download access.

any help would be much appreciated. I am going insane trying to figure this out and I really would like to be able to have my complete XP cd running as soon as possible...

thx

@mystur

the files.7z is the files in the folder that you are compressing .. with hte Nlite adon maker tool ..

arrr i think we all got that problem here n there at times

just try a reboot to see if thats helps

or reinstall ( or uninstall reboot reinstall)

Is it necessary to include a switch for the creation of an addon, or is it only if you wish to specify certain installation instructions e.g. language, cdkey

Do the simple instructions at the top of the page work for the creation of all application addons even large programs like a Norton product or Microsoft Office 2003.

How would I add the installation key to an addon application, is it as simple as specifying it in a switch.

thnx in advance

soz for the nooby questions :rolleyes:

Is it necessary to include a switch for the creation of an addon, or is it only if you wish to specify certain installation instructions e.g. language, cdkey
Yes if you want them to be silent... Here are some swith finders

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST...=80&t=47645

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=fi...&pid=352857

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=80

U can use Google to search for switches for apps also

Edited by ricktendo64