Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Add-On Maker for Nlite 1.2.4 Update: 06/17/2006

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

eddie11013

eddie11013

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 15-February 07
@carnificina
Maybe already reported, but if not, here goes. I recently installed ‘A-Squared Free 3.5’. First scan, it detected: Trojan-SpyWin32.Banker.mjh in nlite addon maker 1.2.4. I uninstalled, got a fresh copy of the exe from here: http://virtualltek.m....php?page=index , reran ‘A-Squared’, same result. I instead installed the ‘new’ beta of nlite addon maker, and A-Squared did not have a problem with it. Unfortunately, today I had to make a cab for ‘SuperAntiSpyware’ where you have to use the “msi” and the ‘beta’ nlite addon maker would not let me make a cab. That is to say, it would “not” let me click in the area where you put in your silent switch. So, I went back to the ‘old’ nlite addon maker, and made my cab. Since I had gone to the virtuall tek site to get the ‘old’ “maker”, I decided to run A-Squared again, same result, it said I had a ‘Trojan’. I, of course, uninstalled it. I realize this could be a false positive, but A-Squared did rate it a ‘high risk’ and anyway, I thought you might want to know.
Thanks for the “GREAT” program,
Eddie

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

robd

robd

• 31 posts
  • Joined 19-July 07
:o I was unable to find a link to contact the administrator of the VirtualTek site to apprise them of the Add-on maker being infected with PSW.Banker4ADQM Trojan Horse. Hopefully they will put up a clean download soon.

DMD61

DMD61

• 40 posts
  • Joined 23-May 08
Even I had the same report with a squared-free 3.5 and I tried to write on the form of VirtualTek. http://virtualltek.m...hp?page=contact
Now the only way to use it is to disconnect from the Internet use AddOn Maker and then uninstall it.
This until it is resolved the problem of Trojan Win32.Banker.mjh

Regards

Edited by DMD61, 03 June 2008 - 02:24 AM.

{_carnificina_}

{_carnificina_}

Junior

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 15-November 04
infeccted ???
:wacko:

DMD61

DMD61

• 40 posts
  • Joined 23-May 08

infeccted ???
:wacko:

Posted Image

Edited by DMD61, 09 June 2008 - 07:55 AM.

GUMBEE

GUMBEE
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08
So i have a hp 2133 mini and i want to add the drivers and app in my nlite was able to install the wifi and the display drivers just fine but the BT the drive gurd and the quick luaunch buttons dont install even when it reports that it was installed. All of the drivers and app are in exe, files can someone help me as fare as what command lines to put so thst it installs

Xaneth

Xaneth

• 11 posts
  • Joined 01-April 04

Download Nlite Add-on Maker

http://virtualltek.m...php?page=down08

Came up as a virus?

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05
i scan the installer and also the program folder with symantec av corporate and nod 32 and no viruses.

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06
hi {_carnificina_}! has there been an update to your app (because it still shows the same 1 in the 1st page)? which was is the latest? thank you!
Posted Image

robd

robd

• 31 posts
  • Joined 19-July 07
:huh: Been having the same problem with the Addon maker across two different platforms now. [XP and W2K3] Every time I make an addon the program spits roughly a 200 MB file. Is there a certain compression program that this is only compatible with because I have used 7zip and WinRAR? I thought I could download and use the program without a hitch.. well getting some of the switches can be cumbersome.

koldj

koldj
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 29-June 08
Hey, 1st time poster here :hello:
I've been playing with Nlite since yesterday and I gotta say I'm a noob, but I'm learning fast :D. One thing is bothering me right now... what kind of switches should I use for integrating IE7 and DirectX 9? Anyone has answer to that? I've integrated most of useful programs into my upcoming "XP Ultimate" :D, but I can't find a way to integrate IE7 and Dx9 ;/ easily. I know there are some ways to squeeze IE7 into XP install, but it's total black magic to me (yet) :wacko:.

kooler

kooler

• 29 posts
  • Joined 03-January 07
you can intergrate ie7 with nlite as a hot fix.. but you cant remove anything before you intergrate

as for the dx9 .. get the new updated june dx9 file and unpack it with winrar or 7 zip and use this switch in the nlite addon ...DXSETUP.exe /Silent

but you should always check the nlite section of this forum.. alot of great info in there too..

koldj

koldj
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 29-June 08
Yeah, that's what I've been doing using Nlite Add-On Maker (unpack, add switch, pack .cab), but can't find the right switch for IE7. Is there a different method for it?

Edited by koldj, 30 June 2008 - 05:33 AM.

DMD61

DMD61

• 40 posts
  • Joined 23-May 08
Another problem with Addon Maker.

Now Avast professional 4.8, after upgrading, I indicates the presence of a virus (Trojan-gen) in the download section.
Precisely this is the file 7zS.sfx

Posted Image

Edited by DMD61, 02 July 2008 - 08:38 AM.

rubab

rubab

• 41 posts
  • Joined 08-November 06
May be what you are getting is a False Positive.

To be sure just scan the file here http://www.virustotal.com/ . It uses 32 different Antivirus Engines to scan the file.

prebenandre

prebenandre

• 41 posts
  • Joined 18-May 08
This program contains malware!

I can't run it on my computer :(

What about a new version of this utility?

Why can't the developers of nLite provide this utility on their wesite?

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• 2,347 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05
because this utility is not made by nlite developers.....

prebenandre

prebenandre

• 41 posts
  • Joined 18-May 08
But why does it include malware?

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• 2,347 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05
as i posted in a previous post ...i scaned it with nod and symantecc corporate av and there is no malware.
but if u find it u should report it to the creator of this tool.

toja92

toja92

• 40 posts
  • Joined 30-June 08
Thanks will definitively try it. Seems an very easy way to integrate programs. Oh, if you want to find out the switches, open cmd(start -> run -> write cmd) and then "cd" (ex cd foldername to go to folder foldername and cd .. Is to go to previous folder) to the folder with the installer, and then, try "installername.exe /?" sometimes you get a popup with all cmd switces.

xparr

xparr
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-July 08
Just FYI, I scanned this file and came up with some virus hits.

Added image.

Attached Files

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,890 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
Thats because it is not only a compilied auto-it file but it also was compressed by UPX!!! :angry:

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian, 17 July 2008 - 08:23 PM.

Jman1993

Jman1993

• 34 posts
  • Joined 07-August 08
There is no virus... The virus hits that you get are all false positives... It in clean, and I am using the program right now... This is much easier than manually making 7-zip sfx installers....

{_carnificina_}

{_carnificina_}

Junior

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 15-November 04
update version 2.0 ( in testing )

http://virtualltek.m...a...&lang=pt-br

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by {_carnificina_}, 18 August 2008 - 02:44 PM.

huh

huh

• 17 posts
  • Joined 21-August 08

There is no virus... The virus hits that you get are all false positives... It in clean, and I am using the program right now... This is much easier than manually making 7-zip sfx installers....

Could someone please fix this problem? A virus warning, false or not, is unacceptable. I'd really like to use this software but won't do so until AVG stops telling me there's a trojan inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users