Office 2003 post SP2 Update unattended Install

Sanjay

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional Post SP2 Updates
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Office2003\Updates\office2003-KB905756-FullFile-ENU.exe Q:A R:N
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Office2003\Updates\office2003-KB907417-FullFile-ENU.exe Q:A R:N
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Office2003\Updates\office2003-KB913807-FullFile-ENU.exe Q:A R:N
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Office2003\Updates\office2003-KB914454-FullFile-ENU.exe Q:A R:N

Can someone please tell me what is it that I am doing wrong here. I keep getting a "Command Line option syntax error'.

Thanks

PS: I have searched the forum high & low and have not been able to find a solution.

Edited by Sanjay

you could just slipstream these into the office image.

i have working switches at home, so will post when there

I believe there is a problem with slipstreaming the post SP2 updates into office image. The problem being that the updates still show up in Windows Update. It is an error that Microsoft is already aware of. Also since new updates keep showing up, and some like the 'Outlook Junk filter' being updated regularly it is simpler to do it this way rather having to keep slipstremaing into the office image. Atleast that is what I think.

fairpoint Sanjay, and i didn't realise there was an issue, or at least i haven't noticed it, (must look harder)

i installed mine through Runonceex.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 3 /D "%PP%\MSOffice2k3\Updates\Office2003SP2-KB887616-FullFile-ENU.exe /Q:A /C:\"ohotfix.exe /Q\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 4 /D "%PP%\MSOffice2k3\Updates\office2003-KB907417-FullFile-ENU.exe /Q:A /C:\"ohotfix.exe /Q\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 5 /D "%PP%\MSOffice2k3\Updates\office2003-kb892843-fullfile-enu.exe /Q:A /C:\"ohotfix.exe /Q\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 6 /D "%PP%\MSOffice2k3\Updates\office2003-KB911961-FullFile-ENU.exe /Q:A /C:\"ohotfix.exe /Q\"" /f

%PP% - points to a location on my servert to install from

you could just slipstream these into the office image.

i have working switches at home, so will post when there

I believe there is a problem with slipstreaming the post SP2 updates into office image. The problem being that the updates still show up in Windows Update. It is an error that Microsoft is already aware of. Also since new updates keep showing up, and some like the 'Outlook Junk filter' being updated regularly it is simpler to do it this way rather having to keep slipstremaing into the office image. Atleast that is what I think.

and there i was...thinking i was going loony...always wondered why it was insisting on installing those from windows update after i sworn i'd slipstreamed them...

I believe there is a problem with slipstreaming the post SP2 updates into office image. The problem being that the updates still show up in Windows Update. It is an error that Microsoft is already aware of. Also since new updates keep showing up, and some like the 'Outlook Junk filter' being updated regularly it is simpler to do it this way rather having to keep slipstreaming into the office image. Atleast that is what I think.

Your right about the slipstreaming problem, WU doesn't like them slipstreamed.

This is how your batch file should look :thumbup

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional Post SP2 Updates
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Office2003\Updates\office2003-KB905756-FullFile-ENU.exe /Q
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Office2003\Updates\office2003-KB907417-FullFile-ENU.exe /Q
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Office2003\Updates\office2003-KB913807-FullFile-ENU.exe /Q
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Office2003\Updates\office2003-KB914454-FullFile-ENU.exe /Q

cheers,

dare2001