I need some opinions

DarkCloud

OK everyone, I need as many responses to this topic as I can get, so try your hardest to help me out. I made a topic a while back about digital cameras, and what the best one was in your honest opinion, for those that have one. I’m going to be buying one within the next 2 weeks, and I did a little research from the last topic I made about brands and their performance. Canon, Nikon and Sony seem to be the best on the market I think, but I could be wrong since people say Sony is a little more “special” when it comes to their product.

Anyway, I’m looking for a really nice digital camera between 6-8 megapixels. I would like the camera to have a nice recording feature that captures high quality video with stereo sound, but if it doesn’t have stereo that’s fine, most cameras don’t. It would have to have at least a 2.5 viewing area and be one of the brands I listed above, but any other brand that can do what I listed would be great.

There was a nice new Sony camera that is a camcorder and digital camera in one, it’s on their website but I forgot the name of it. Something like that would be nice, but right now I’m open to anything as I really want some opinions as I’m still doing research. I may be asking for a lot, but I know what I want in a camera. So, any help is appreciated…thanks.

OK, I'm now stuck between two cameras, a Canon Powershot S80 or the new Sony Cybershot DSCN1. Both are 8MP and cost around $400-500. I've read reviews at Amazon along with some other sites, and more people seem to prefer the Sony, but I know Canon is the best out there. However, one thing the Canon model doesn't have is RAW format, which I don't know what that means in a camera. Canon seems to have more features than the Sony, but both seem to be great cameras. My budget is $500, so what would you guys suggest between the two??

I'd go with the canon myself. Sony is overpriced and usually has less of a feature set than a camera by a different company for the same price.

He is right my cousin has a sony cam and I had panasonic but sony was really bad at pics.It doesnot have all the features as the other cams do.When v compared our pics the panasonic cam won the test.If u want to buy the cameras among sony or canon I would prefer Canon coz they r pros in digital photography.

• 1 month later...

If you've not yet got the camera here's my 2 cents.

go with canon.

reasons:

1. sony is overpriced(already said above)

2. if it's not then the cost of the accessories(stand, batteries, case, etc) wil make it overpriced

3. if you live along the coasts, the climate will damage your product pretty quick (i live near the sea and all my sony products, game, player, etc go off after two years), otherwise it is ok.

4. Sony cameras do click good snaps, but compared it with my cuzins Panasonic videocamera and his was much cheaper, more features, and "could do what my camera could do, but only much more."