[Help] Windows - System Error

X-factor

Hi thr,

well i hav problem agian now when i try to connect my desktop pc with my laptop using direct network cable it is showing up with an error

Windows - system error

There is an ip confilct with another system on the network

does anyone thr has an solution for this problem ?

thnx

:yes:

It sound like your LAN adapters are set to "obtain an IP address automatically", or by DHCP. If both computers are linked only to themselves, then I am guessing that there is no device assigning DHCP addresses. What you would want to do is go into the properties of each LAN adapter and set the IP address manually to set up a privat network. An example of such a configuration would be:

Computer #1:

IP address: 192.168.1.1

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Computer #2

IP address: 192.168.1.2

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.2

(Keep in mind I'm assuming that these PC's are connected only to themselves, and that there are no servers or routers involved).

One other problem you may encounter, however, is the fact that I believe in order to directly connect two PC's using a LAN connection, you would need to use a crossover cable as opposed to a standard ethernet cable (but I'm not 100% positive). One workaround to this issue would be to place a network hub (or switch) between the two computers. Any simple hub would work, e.g. Netgear; these are usually pretty inexpensive and can allow you attach multiple devices.