Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Firewall block message?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Rick

Rick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
Can somebody tell me what this is? It says that my computer is trying to access something. Below is a sample...I have gotten over 4,000 attempts to this IP since this morning. That IP traces to within my knology network.

The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (ICMP Unreachable) from 24.214.0.13.

Occurred: 310 times between 12/3/2001 5:39:44 PM and 12/3/2001 6:39:14 PM

Rick:mad:
Welcome to MSFN!

Read the Forum Rules
Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
Not wanting to sound like a smart a** but is it your IP or close to it. Iknow a few have had blocks from IP that actually were theres. ZA caused alot of promblems for me, dammm cant find a good firewall.

-XPerties

You want some Glock with that?
★ :::: Xbox Live GamerTag = ScreamingSkulls

aKaFrEE

aKaFrEE

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 21-October 01
you can call the knology people and they can find out who it is...then they can call the person up or shut them off...u should be able to get a tech support # off their site....

Rick

Rick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
Yep...I have had probs with every firewall that works with XP! It is useless! I have to keep one going though. 265 different IP's tried to access my computer within a couple of hours!

Rick
Welcome to MSFN!

Read the Forum Rules
Posted Image

Guest_LouCypher_*

Guest_LouCypher_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --
[quote:2894ce848b="barnettrp"]
Can somebody tell me what this is? It says that my computer is trying to access something. Below is a sample...I have gotten over 4,000 attempts to this IP since this morning. That IP traces to within my knology network.

The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (ICMP Unreachable) from 24.214.0.13.

Occurred: 310 times between 12/3/2001 5:39:44 PM and 12/3/2001 6:39:14 PM

Rick:mad: [/quote:2894ce848b]

It's a PING response. The atm part seems to me like it might indicate someone with a broadband connection better than DSL or Cable modem, perhaps a T1/T3? If it were an internal scanner looking for active servers it might start off by trying to PING the machine first, which it's definately doing to you.

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
go to command prompt and ping it back with s*** loads of packets, im sure you will soon hear a complaint from whoever it is LOL

Rick

Rick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
How do I hammer with multiple packets?

Rick:cool:
Welcome to MSFN!

Read the Forum Rules
Posted Image

aKaFrEE

aKaFrEE

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 21-October 01
if you type "ping /?" it will give you a list of commands... you could always type "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -l **** -t" replace xxx with the ip address and *** with the packet size you want to use...this will ping them untill it stops you or untill you stop it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users