Firewall block message?

Rick

Can somebody tell me what this is? It says that my computer is trying to access something. Below is a sample...I have gotten over 4,000 attempts to this IP since this morning. That IP traces to within my knology network.

The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (ICMP Unreachable) from 24.214.0.13.

Occurred: 310 times between 12/3/2001 5:39:44 PM and 12/3/2001 6:39:14 PM

Rick:mad:

Not wanting to sound like a smart a** but is it your IP or close to it. Iknow a few have had blocks from IP that actually were theres. ZA caused alot of promblems for me, dammm cant find a good firewall.

-XPerties

Yep...I have had probs with every firewall that works with XP! It is useless! I have to keep one going though. 265 different IP's tried to access my computer within a couple of hours!

Rick

Guest LouCypher

Can somebody tell me what this is? It says that my computer is trying to access something. Below is a sample...I have gotten over 4,000 attempts to this IP since this morning. That IP traces to within my knology network.

The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (ICMP Unreachable) from 24.214.0.13.

Occurred: 310 times between 12/3/2001 5:39:44 PM and 12/3/2001 6:39:14 PM

Rick:mad: [/quote:2894ce848b]

It's a PING response. The atm part seems to me like it might indicate someone with a broadband connection better than DSL or Cable modem, perhaps a T1/T3? If it were an internal scanner looking for active servers it might start off by trying to PING the machine first, which it's definately doing to you.

if you type "ping /?" it will give you a list of commands... you could always type "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -l **** -t" replace xxx with the ip address and *** with the packet size you want to use...this will ping them untill it stops you or untill you stop it.