N-Lite Plugin Creator v1.3.0 RC2 Updated 30/Sep/2006

I won't use it since I use WIHU and 7zip but I find your work greate.

Also, I think you could achieve higher compression by using this switches with makecab:

makecab /D CompressionMemory=21 /D CompressionType=LZX file.ext

This works with makecab but I don't know if cabarc accepts it.

I won't use it since I use WIHU and 7zip but I find your work greate.

Also, I think you could achieve higher compression by using this switches with makecab:

makecab /D CompressionMemory=21 /D CompressionType=LZX file.ext

This works with makecab but I don't know if cabarc accepts it.

yeah it does also work with CABARC so this compression option will be in the next version due soon

Thank you Camarade_Tux

Me Egg

Edited by eggster2002

Future Plans for NLPC Beta

In the next version there will be the option to select 7ZIP as a compression method. also im working on a multi language version so I will need all your help in the future to translate some text for me.

If you have any sergestions that could be added onto the next version of NLPC please add em to this thread

Thank you my fellow BETA testers

M Egg

Edited by eggster2002

I have 7-zip installed, and I select 7-zip compression, but it doesn't appear to compress anything. I tried creating a a plugin for the Flash 9 beta. The installer is 1 meg. The finished the cab with "Ultra" compression is 33 megs.

Something is wrong.

Edited by enderandrew

I have 7-zip installed, and I select 7-zip compression, but it doesn't appear to compress anything. I tried creating a a plugin for the Flash 9 beta. The installer is 1 meg. The finished the cab with "Ultra" compression is 33 megs.

Something is wrong.

Wrong tool mate N-Lite Plugin Creator doesn’t use 7zip. you want NLite Add-On Maker 1.2.3

Yep, I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry.

And I also found the problem. When using NLite Add-On Maker, if will 7-zip everything in your install directory, so I had a few installers I was trying to make .cabs out of seperately, but it zipped all of them together.

• 2 weeks later...

N-Lite Plugin Creator v1 Beta 4

Due 24 June 2006

What’s new to N-Lite Plugin Creator?

- The UI has been completely redesigned for better operability.

- 7-Zip is now an option for Compression as well as CABARC archive tool

- You can now save/load plugin information (this means there will be no need to keep filling in the text boxes every time you want to create the same plugin)

- NLPC now utilizes a text type database system instead of the Microsoft Access Database file. This reduces the overall size of the installation package by more than 50%

- You can now export the entire Switch Database.

Home Page

The N-Lite Plugin Creator home page is down for reconstruction.

Future Development

I plan to have a multi language version of NLPC very soon.

I also have some tweaks and tools I want to add in to future versions of NLPC but that will be after the official release of Version 1.

Compiler

NLPC has been Designed, Developed with Visual Basic 6 and Compiled in P-Code.

Auto Detect Switches

I do know of an application that can automatically determine the switches used to unattended install the setup file selected but I cannot find any source code to add to NLPC to automatically detect Switches of Installers. If you have any source code or know how to do this and want to help develop NLPC then please get in contact with me.

alex@jybesystems.co.uk

Many Thanks Beta Testers

Mr Egg

Hey eggster2002 y am i getting a run time error 339 ??

"component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependenies not correctly reg: a file is missing or invalid"

any help would be great....

Hey eggster2002 y am i getting a run time error 339 ??

"component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependenies not correctly reg: a file is missing or invalid"

any help would be great....

Yeah I have fixed the problem. Download NLPC and reinstall, sorry for any inconvenience

Download Now

To silently install N-Lite Plugin Creator use "/qb" for example "c:\nlpc.msi /qb"

Yeah I have fixed the problem. Download NLPC and reinstall, sorry for any inconvenience

thats cool these things happen :) like the new look, & its works great :thumbup

Edited by mrwrx