Do you rapidfire mouse click?

BrainDrain

Do you rapidly click my mouse on an item, if it doesnt immediately respond?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you rapidly click my mouse on an item, if it doesnt immediately respond?

• Yes, I find it speeds the computer up
    • Yes, I do it because it helps relieve the stress that lag gives
    • Yes, I do it to make sure I clicked the right button
    • No, I never did this
    • No, I've realized that when it does start responding it will flash everything where I clicked and be really annoying

Sometimes. Then everyone gets hit by lagbombs. Even me. x_X

Lagtastic.

I do it in frustration soemtimes.

I find it cheaper to do that then to bang the monitor, or kick the case.

And less dangerous than throwing the mouse across the room...as it always comes back as its a corded one....doh

Ever done this before:

You are typing something - either some code or something in Word. Suddenly, you realize that you haven't saved for a long time. So, you hit Ctrl-S. Press Ctrl-S once does the trick. The screen flickers to indicate that the file has been saved. But no, you are not satisfied. With the 'Ctrl' key pressed you press 'S' around 5 - 6 times or rather keep 'Ctrl-S' keys pressed and watch as the screen keeps flickering.

I do this very often - once me college asked me why do I do that. One Ctrl-S is enough. I shrugged and told him I just want to be extra sure that the file is saved. A few days later, I observed him doing the same thing :D

Try it once. You are bound to get addicted to it.

Ever done this before:

You are typing something - either some code or something in Word. Suddenly, you realize that you haven't saved for a long time. So, you hit Ctrl-S. Press Ctrl-S once does the trick. The screen flickers to indicate that the file has been saved. But no, you are not satisfied. With the 'Ctrl' key pressed you press 'S' around 5 - 6 times or rather keep 'Ctrl-S' keys pressed and watch as the screen keeps flickering.

I do this very often - once me college asked me why do I do that. One Ctrl-S is enough. I shrugged and told him I just want to be extra sure that the file is saved. A few days later, I observed him doing the same thing :D

:blushing: i do that....

...i also find if i'm stuck for what to wright, i seem to save it on average 20 times a minute, to be on the safe side! its always good to have the page numbering saved....just incase you loose it, and forget how to do it again! although sometimes thats half the fun, oh dear...

• 2 weeks later...
Ever done this before:

LOL, I so do that!

Im an IT Technician for a college and one of their rooms used to be sub-contracted out to another company which had their own IT Techincian.

Anyway, one day this technician droped by to fix one of the computers in this room. I watched him rapidly move the mouse over the active window as fast as he can, each time the egg timer appeard. I ask him why he did that and he replied "to make sure I get maximum CPU usage in the active window. windows reserves CPU power for the mouse so if you move it rapidly over the active window when the egg timer appears, you again about 2% more CPU power in the active application".

Even if thats true, Ive got better things to do when I see an egg timer and it usually involves a cup of coffee.

• 8 months later...