[Help] How can I make internet connection automatically?

Ryaren

I would like to create an ADSL connection automatically with username and password! Is it possible in commandline or another way?

Title edited -- Please, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

Please follow XP Forum Rules from now on.

--Sonic

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

It sounds almost like, "how do I make the sun come up?"

On a properly operating DSL connection, you'll be online when the computer finishes booting up.

At least that's the way they work around here.

On my own internet connection (dial up) I set up Outlook Express to always dial out if a connection is not already open. It holds my name and password.

I then put a shortcut to O.E. in my startup folder where it runs automaticly every time I turn on my PC.

I just turn on my PC in the morning and walk away. While I'm making my first cup of coffee, I hear "you've got some mail" (sung by a Barber Shop Quartet) and I know its time to go back into the computer room and see what's in my Inbox.

Does your own DSL NOT connect automaticly on boot? How come?

Maybe you should talk to your ISP's tech help line.

Good Luck,

Shadow B)

I think he want to unattend create the dialup connection. You can configure your connection and save with the method from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...;284269&sd=tech

With that, you have the settings. For user and password, you can dial up the connection with

rasdial TheNameOfTheConnection user password

and you're connected. You can disconnect with

rasdial TheNameOfTheConnection /disconnect

I don't remember the way to real backup user and password (because it save in registry/crypted ..)

I use that method to etablish VPN connection, but works great with classic dialup.

or you could use RAPPPOE, i.e. if you want it to be really unattended. BTW, what kind of DSL router/modem do you have? most of them can be set to connect automagically. I have a siemens CS2..something. lol

Anyways, google up RASPPPOE and download it. Read the readme files included, they are very well elaborated.

It's DSL!

It's a network connection from the PC to the DSL modem....it's alive as soon as the system boots up!

I still don't understand what all this talk about dialing up is all about.

There is NO DIALUP with DSL! Or shouldn't be anyway because how are you going to Dial a network connection.

I work with DSL setups every day and I've yet to see one that had to dial out.

If it fails to connect when the computer boots up, something if just VERY wrong.

Cheers :}

Warning Andromeda43, don't forget ethernet modem with PPPoE mode, so it's not ready directly, we must set up the connection and connect after. After you can set up options to autoconnect ...