1) install windows xp sp2 on a clean machine (or a virtual machine)
2) install windows update agent on the clean xp sp2 install
3) access windows update, click on one of the 2 button (rapid or custom)
4) wait windows update to ask you to install the new windows update version
5) click on the double-arrows button to see if it only shows the wga fix (I don't remember the kb num right now)
6) start installing it but WHEN the download completes and the "Installing blabla ..." message shows press the Cancel button immediately.
7) Open c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and search for the *Legit*.dll file
8) Copy the directory that contain that file somewhere else
9) That directory will contain the wga april hotfix that you can integrate or you can use it to create a sfx that will run "update\update.exe /passive" after extraction.
If you want you can replace the legitcheckcontrol.dll with a "customized" version just make sure modifype has been run on it...
Edited by Francesco, 09 May 2006 - 04:46 PM.