Questions about the Winnt.sif

Having problems with the install, it is not recgonizing the Winnt.sif file, it is in sif file format and listed in the I386 file. Here is what i have in that file if it helps. i am still working on getting the applications in batch files worked out, as some don't install, but i have not tested my newest changes, however, that should not interfer with the Winnt.sif not be recgonized. it does show up after the cd it burnt. any ideas???????? also have any ideas on how to install the adobe acrobat???????????

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

UnattendSwitch="no"

WaitForReboot="No"

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\3Com\W9XEL90X.inf;Drivers\56k\GENHSF5.inf;Drivers\8230e\HPUATA.inf"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=20

OemSkipWelcome=1

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=800

Yresolution=600

[userData]

ProductKey=This has been changed

FullName="This has been changed"

OrgName="Home"

ComputerName=Tigger

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=1

Dialing=Tone

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Home_Page=http://www.yahoo.com

[Components]

msmsgs=off

[GuiRunOnce]

E:install\hotfixes.cmd

E:\install\applications.cmd

here is the new Winnt.sif file i made.

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

UnattendSwitch="no"

WaitForReboot="No"

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\3Com\W9XEL90X.inf;Drivers\56k\GENHSF5.inf;Drivers\8230e\HPUATA.inf"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=20

OemSkipWelcome=1

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=800

Yresolution=600

[userData]

ProductKey=This has been changed

FullName="This has been changed"

OrgName="Home"

ComputerName=Tigger

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=1

Dialing=Tone

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Home_Page=http://www.yahoo.com

[Components]

msmsgs=off

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\hotfixes.cmd

%systemdrive%\install\applications.cmd

What do you mean when its 'not recognizing the file'? Is Windows XP Setup asking you questions such as your Name and product key when it shouldn't be?

If you're running an applications batch, then it probably means winnt.sif is ok, since the batch is started from [GuiRunOnce]

You might also want to add:

[branding]

BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

just above so the homepage change takes effect.

yeah its not recgonizing it at all, comes up and asks me for my name and everything, the batch files i am running on my own, to see if they will work. so far the java, msn, and the removal are the only things installing but i have a new install to try out too, thanks for the branding idea. :)

I can't understand why it won't work.

is winnt.sif in X:\i386\winnt.sif?

Have you checked to see if you might have saved it as winnt.sif.txt by accident? What kind of Windows XP CD are you using? (Pro, Home, Corp, OEM, etc)

yeah its in the X:\i386\ file, however, it is saved as a sif file, i am using winXP home. on the last install i tried it gave an error about a missing or corrupted file in the winnt.sif, referring to something about sp1.cab, i am going to check that out and see if that is the problem. but it did see it in some form, so that is good. the install of my winxp sp1 slip stream worked fine. and i have reinstalled with it about 5 times now, so i think that is good. but i will keep trying until i get it right.

just got done doing another reinstall. the install went fine this time except the winnt.sif is still not being recgonized. not sure there, it is in sif format. also i did notice after the install the the burn process renamed some file names, take the $oem$\$1 was renamed to _oem_\_1, is this going to matter at all??????????? some of my folders within the $oem$\$1 had also been renamed along with the hotfixes. so what i did was to shorten the names, cause of this i redid the winnt.sif & hotfixes & some application folder names & hotfixes.cmd & applications.cmd & regtweaks.reg, so those have been updated. and i am ready to burn again and this time i will check the file names be4 doing the install of windows again...........

ok, i did another install and yet the winnt.sif is still not being recgonized, it is in the I386 folder, it is in SIF format, so not sure what is happening, also the renaming of the $oem$\$1 just seems to be a problem with the burning. i am using easy cd creator v.5, it seems to rename it each time regardless. thus the install folder is not getting copied to the %systemdrive% during OS install. seems to be puzzling to me. i think i have it just about worked out. any ideas i should try???????????????

well to fix the burning problem just use different burning software like nero, or may be you need to enable an option to support windows names in easy cd...

no ideas about winnt.sif however, it should work, if its in i386 directory.

whats you rdirectory structure btw?

edit

and another question: when you look at winnt.sif in windows explorer, what type of file is says it is?

it says its an sif file, also tried running the setup manager from the sp1 deployment cab, that gave me both a winnt.sif and winnt.bat, put both of those in the i386 folder, redid the burn but still nothing, whats btw????its the same that came from the winxp cd.

well i finally have all the bugs worked out. and the install went off without a hitch. the problem was the file system that was created using Easy CD Creator 5. instead of using the ISO9600 file system i switched over to the Joliet file system and everything was fine after that. just so everybody knows how to fix this problem here.