/b switch for start command

Hi guys,

If you, like me, use a bunch of cmd files instead of a big one, you might find it interesting to add the /b switch to the start command. This makes all the cmd files to be executed in the same window. Otherwise, everytime you start an external cmd file you'll get a new window opened.

Just in case: /wait can also be put as /w, which saves some typing... :-)

Regards to everyone.

CM

Maybe I expressed myself not so well...

These are not many setups running together but in sequence (I still use the /wait command switch!!!).

The reason why I'm doing things like this is because I administer a few PCs from the family so I have folders containing all what is required for installing any single program or driver, and depending on what anyone wants I put inside the $OEM$\$1 folder only what is needed. All these folders have inside an install.cmd file containing the silent installation commands for that particular software or driver. So I don't have to remember everytime what are the switches.

The main.cmd file will call sequentially all the install.cmd files inside all the folders and that makes it very simple. But if I don't use the /b switch after start, I'll get a new window opened, that's the only thing I want to avoid, so my start commands look like this:

start /b /w

Regards,

CM