[How To] Multi-boot DVD Guide

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
im tring to make a muiltboot dvd but the windows i want to put on dont have then winnt32.exe so i cant get $WIN_NT$.~BT and $WIN_NT$.~LS and i was wondering if there was some way to get aroud that cuz im trying to make a aio with 8 different windows xp and 1 windows 2003 and i was tring to use magiciso to make it but evey time i test it i get cannot boot from cd and ive made it twice and got the same probly and going through this guide i dont knwo how to get the to files needed sence i dont have winnt32.exe in any of my i386 folders

The files you want are on the install drive aftrer the first boot. You have to start a fresh install. When the system reboots you have to prevent it from booting from c: drive. Boot from a cd & the files you are looking for will be there. If the c: drive is ntfs formatted you would have to boot BartPE to be able to read them. Fat32 are visible from even win98 floppy disk.

i have a real xp but i was workign with tinyxp and i wanted to make a aio with those but none of them have the winnt.exe's in them

Tinyxp is for fresh install only. I don't think winnt.exe or winnt32.exe would work as files & folders required for upgrading your win98, ME or 2K are missing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:thumbup this site is great but i still need some help.

it seems that www.cdshell.org is offline and was wondering if someone could point me in the direction to where i could find cd shell, boot scripter or something else that will work to make a multi boot cd/dvd menu for windows xp based operating systems

to anyone that was reading my post i did a little more searching and found the files that i needed to finish up what i was doing and thanks to all who put all this info out on the web

Edited by xpforall

• 2 weeks later...

hi, it seems that this is still the case, is anyone able to point me in the right direction for another source? i have tried google and not found anything as yet.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

How i do thats ??? i can not upen the file with winrar, someone tell me how ????

Note that svcpack.inf may come as svcpack.in_, just open it up with WinRar (for example) and extract the svcpack.inf inside it, then delete the svcpack.in_. As you can see Svcpack.inf will launch RunOnce.cmd at T-13 stage. The thing is that you'll have to addapt svcpack.inf according to the files you allready have in it, because when you change CatalogSubDir="\whatever" to CatalogSubDir="\i386" it may point to a diferent location and you'll get an error during installation, if you don't have any files inside then just don't worry about it. After you change svcpack.inf move it to C:\, open a command line and write this:

The File svcpack.inf I Have Starte With This, I Have All Updates To 16/12/06 In My svcpack.inf

[setupData]

CatalogSubDir="\I386\svcpack"

[setupHotfixesToRun]

KB926255.exe /q /n /z /b:SP2GDR

KB926247.exe /q /n /z /b:SP2GDR

KB925486.exe /q /n /z /b:SP2GDR

The Guide Will Have This

[setupData]

CatalogSubDir="\i386"

[setupHotfixesToRun]

CMD\RunOnce.cmd

Can someone tell a stupid danish gay, what it mean.

Thanks

Hi all!

It seems this post has been outdated for a while now... That's because MSFN stoped sending me emails for new posts :/

Well, now i'm here, and will be continuing writing on this thread.

TheExterminator you only have to right-click and choose "Open With..." and then choose WinRar. Easy ;)

I can not uppen .inf file with winrar and i have not the .in_ file.

Can i mail you my .inf file, and so can you put the lines to it, and mail me the file back ???

Thanks

Hi all!

It seems this post has been outdated for a while now... That's because MSFN stoped sending me emails for new posts :/

Well, now i'm here, and will be continuing writing on this thread.

TheExterminator you only have to right-click and choose "Open With..." and then choose WinRar. Easy ;)

nice andregcasal I will test soon and hope if anything doesn't work for your help.

Have been looking here before (several months ago)...thought this subject was dead...but no.

nice.

TheExterminator let me explain :)

All extensions that end in *.in_ are compressed files. These files can be uncompressed with WinRar and the *.inf file within is the one you want :)

You can open *.inf files are simple text files, so you can open them with Notepad.

Now there may or may not be *.in_ files in your installation source. If there's only *.inf files, then you don't have to uncompress anything, easyer ;)

I hope I answered your question :)

Pliek, i'll be here if you need me ;)

Edited by andregcasal

Okay, But when i paste this in

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\i386"
[SetupHotfixesToRun]
CMD\RunOnce.cmd

I will Chance my CatalogSubDir="\i386\svcpack"

And it will not work.

TheExterminator let me explain :)

All extensions that end in *.in_ are compressed files. These files can be uncompressed with WinRar and the *.inf file within is the one you want :)

You can open *.inf files are simple text files, so you can open them with Notepad.

Now there may or may not be *.in_ files in your installation source. If there's only *.inf files, then you don't have to uncompress anything, easyer ;)

I hope I answered your question :)

Edited by TheExterminator

Oh yes, i believe i understand your question now. If you change CatalogSubDir="\i386\svcpack" to CatalogSubDir="\i386" just edit your svcpack.inf from

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\I386\svcpack"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
KB873339.cat

to

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\I386"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
svcpack\KB873339.cat

For example :)

Edited by andregcasal