How to manage internet access?

You don't - you add a proxy server and force all internet traffic through it. This isn't something you can do per workstation without either 3rd party software or a proxy.

You don't - you add a proxy server and force all internet traffic through it. This isn't something you can do per workstation without either 3rd party software or a proxy.

Thanks 4 yr reply. guess now i need to find out abt proxy server... :}

like in your other post, just use ISA server 2004, it has proxy built in, it will server your needs well

thanks, but i am totally new to this "ISA server 2004"... u think i can install it myself? :}

Like most Microsoft products, anyone can install it, but it takes some time to get used to using it. I'd suggest visiting isaserver.org and doing some research, and maybe even purchasing Tom's book (it's very good). ISA is easy to install, not so easy to master.

However, on a side, slightly OT note, take the ISA 2004 test plus the designing AD security along with your cores, and you are an MCSE + Security :).

Like most Microsoft products, anyone can install it, but it takes some time to get used to using it. I'd suggest visiting isaserver.org and doing some research, and maybe even purchasing Tom's book (it's very good). ISA is easy to install, not so easy to master.

However, on a side, slightly OT note, take the ISA 2004 test plus the designing AD security along with your cores, and you are an MCSE + Security :).

ok thanks 4 yr info.

Hello...

if you want a good proxy and easy to configure, you can do that with linux, the program is squid. It's easy to manage and it's all for free. And to do that you don't need a super computer, you can do that with an older computer, because linux is not heavy like windows is.

Now I have to use windows for a project, but when it's possible I use linux.

regards,