Multiple RIS problems, please assist

First off, thank you very much for this great site and forum. It has become like a bible to me.

At the moment I'm working on a RIS server during an internship, so it's both for school and work. We've gotten a batch (12) of Dell Optiplex GX620 systems and so it's the perfect time to setup and test RIS.

Of course I've been running into problems from the get-go (drivers mostly), but I've managed to solve most of them with the help of this forum and its guides.

But now I've run intoa couple of insurmountable problems.

I've made (or at least tried to make) a RISetup image (Windows 2000 Professional) with drivers and applications. But the troubles start when Windows has been installed and the software is being installed during the RunOnceEx sequence. I keep getting errors about ks.sys, stream.sys and ie4uinit.exe.

The strange thing is, I only get these errors when I install using RIS and not when I install a vanilla Windows 2000 Pro image using RIS and then manually install all the applications.

When I'm back in the office on monday I'll post the more detailed error messages.

What I've tried so far:

- Installing the Chipset Drivers through RunOnceEx first and forcing a reboot

- Removing several applications from the RunOnceEx list

What I'm installing through RunOnceEx btw is DirectX 9.0c, Windows Media Player 9, dot Net Frameworks 1 & 2.

If you need any more information (except the explicit error messages), please don't hesitate to ask.. I'm really hoping you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance.

No one is really ever on the boards in force on the weekend, and couple that with this being a holiday weekend in the US, the traffic here has been quite low. Too bad no one answered your questions, and glad to hear you have resolved your issue, but just keep in mind next time that posting late Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will generally require waiting until the next Monday (or, in case of a hoiday, even later) to get a good reply.

Another issue with your post is that you state you are deploying Windows 2000 Pro as your client (?) It's been a long time since I've done that and I just didn't feel qualified to help you out. Back when I was deploying Win2k was before I began automating everything, so I'm not really familiar with all of the tricks and rules that apply to 2000 vs. XP.