Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Autoparition=1?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

fillalph

fillalph

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03
I read the ref.chm file for AutoPartition but I am not 100% sure and I would prefer to ask then see one of my partitions formatted during an install :S!!!

Here is what I got on my setup.
40000MB C:\ (winxp)
15000MB D:\ (Misc. files, homework, small downloaded programs etc.)

I want to setup the winnt.sif file to automatically choose the 40000MB partition and formatted NTFS (does the quick format option make a difference???)

]Bonkers[

Thanks
Antec Solo ; Corsair HX520 ; Gigabyte P35-DS3R (bios F4) ; Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz w/ ThermalRight Ultra 120 (fanless) ; OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB @ 4-4-4-15 ; Western Digital SE16 320GB ; Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB ; XFX 7600GS ; Pioneer DVR-212D ; Win XP Pro SP2 (reduced with nLite) ; Dell 2007WFP (withS-IPS panel)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k

• 36 posts
  • Joined 25-July 03
[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
Repartition=No
UnattendSwitch="Yes"
WaitForReboot="No"
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
OemPnPDriversPath="EXTRAS\CXT-Modem-Driver;EXTRAS\Promise-ATA100\Ultra-133-100\WinXP;EXTRAS\Intergrated-LAN-Driver;EXTRAS\HayesModem-Drivers"

this is my setup.
everything is automated apart from the start of the os install.
it will bting up the menu and allow you to choose the drive to install the os to.

or if its a formated disk it will ask you when you pick it if you want to format it to change the file system, to what ever you like Ntfs if you choose leave the file system alone and install it will be Fat32 instead.

--------------------------------

or you can go the complicated way .

AutoPartition=1 or 0
If you have the selection is 1 then Windows Setup will install the OS on any free partition that is available. If you remove this line or if you put AutoPartition=0 then setup will ask you on which partition you wish to install Windows onto and advises you what to do if your partition already contains an OS.

fillalph

fillalph

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03
This is a little off topic, but I was looking at your file there and noticed something:

[Unattended]
UnattendSwitch="Yes"

UnattendedSwitch: "Instructs Setup to skip Windows Welcome or Mini-Setup when preinstalling Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional using the CD Boot method."

OEMSkipWelcome: "Allows unattended Setup to skip the Welcome page in GUI-mode Setup and Mini-Setup.
If OemPreinstall in the [Unattended] section of Unattend.txt is set to Yes, unattended Setup automatically stops at the Welcome page. To avoid this pause in your factory or testing environment, set OEMSkipWelcome = 1."

Do they both do the same thing? (those are from the ref.chm file)
Antec Solo ; Corsair HX520 ; Gigabyte P35-DS3R (bios F4) ; Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz w/ ThermalRight Ultra 120 (fanless) ; OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB @ 4-4-4-15 ; Western Digital SE16 320GB ; Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB ; XFX 7600GS ; Pioneer DVR-212D ; Win XP Pro SP2 (reduced with nLite) ; Dell 2007WFP (withS-IPS panel)

ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k

• 36 posts
  • Joined 25-July 03

Bonkers[,Jul 30 2003, 03:44 AM]This is a little off topic, but I was looking at your file there and noticed something:

[Unattended]
UnattendSwitch="Yes"

UnattendedSwitch: "Instructs Setup to skip Windows Welcome or Mini-Setup when preinstalling Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional using the CD Boot method."

OEMSkipWelcome: "Allows unattended Setup to skip the Welcome page in GUI-mode Setup and Mini-Setup.
If OemPreinstall in the [Unattended] section of Unattend.txt is set to Yes, unattended Setup automatically stops at the Welcome page. To avoid this pause in your factory or testing environment, set OEMSkipWelcome = 1."

Do they both do the same thing? (those are from the ref.chm file)

here is my full upto date winnt.sif file.
====================================

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
AutoPartition=0
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
Repartition=No [Will not Repartion my partitions]
UnattendSwitch="Yes" [Means it will Skip the enter your profile name and auto log you in as the default Administrator Account]
WaitForReboot="No"
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
OemPnPDriversPath="EXTRAS\CXT-Modem-Driver;EXTRAS\Promise-ATA100\Ultra-133-100\WinXP;EXTRAS\Intergrated-LAN-Driver;EXTRAS\HayesModem-Drivers"

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=*
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
AutoLogon=Yes
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=85
OemSkipWelcome=1 [Skips the welcome to windows xp dialog where is asks you to connect to the net or setup your net connection]

[Display]
BitsPerPel=32
Xresolution=1280
Yresolution=1024
Vrefresh=85

[UserData]
ProductKey="""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
FullName=""""""""""""""""""""""""
OrgName="""""""""""""""""""
ComputerName=Blacklisted

[TapiLocation]
CountryCode=""
Dialing=Tone
AreaCode=""""""

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=1
SystemLocale=00000809
UserLocale=00000809
InputLocale=0809:00000809

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Branding]
BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

[URL]
Home_Page=http://www.cdfreaks.com
Search_Page=http://www.google.com

[Components]
msmsgs=off
msnexplr=off
freecell=off
hearts=off
minesweeper=off
pinball=off
solitaire=off
spider=off
zonegames=off
autoupdate=off
fax=off
WMAAccess=off

[GuiRunOnce]
%systemdrive%\EXTRAS\main-batch.bat
%systemdrive%\EXTRAS\hotfixes.bat
%systemdrive%\EXTRAS\applications.bat

hope this helps clear things up a bit. and im that new to this sorta stuff i may have made a mistake for all i know :rolleyes: :)

fillalph

fillalph

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03
Thanks Virus2k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users