Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Hehe, batch commands

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

fillalph

fillalph

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03
I got a question about some simple batch commands (I know I could use a full path names, but this looked cool
@ECHO OFF
setlocal 
set PATHTOFIXES= \
CMDINFO /ht:Q252795
IF ERRORLEVEL 0 GOTO a
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO 1
:a
252795_w2k_sp3_x86_en.exe -z -m -q -n
GOTO 1
:1
CMDINFO /ht:Q276471
IF ERRORLEVEL 0 GOTO b
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO 2
and it just continues like that, but what does setlocal do? and set pathtofixes (is that defining something)? How does the computer know what pathtofixes is :)? I am taking that the .bat is one directory higher than the actual fixes (because of the \)?

]Bonkers[
Antec Solo ; Corsair HX520 ; Gigabyte P35-DS3R (bios F4) ; Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz w/ ThermalRight Ultra 120 (fanless) ; OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB @ 4-4-4-15 ; Western Digital SE16 320GB ; Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB ; XFX 7600GS ; Pioneer DVR-212D ; Win XP Pro SP2 (reduced with nLite) ; Dell 2007WFP (withS-IPS panel)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

JohnMK

JohnMK

• 25 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03
Hi there,

Thank you for your help in my previous thread, I genuinely appreciate it. That said, do you prefer a spoon or a fishing rod? :)

On your setlocal question, I found a source for information: Setlocal

fillalph

fillalph

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03
Thanks for the reply JohnMK. I still don't get it, but no worries (I am too noobish). Hehe, about the comment before, forgive me. This was the third forum I was answering questions in (3am now) and I got carried away (some guy couldn't figure out that to play a DVD in his comp he needed to have a DVD player software installed (windows media player alone didn't work for him (DAH), I almost cried... what an id***). So, my apologies. (By the way, did the link for you work on your problem?)

That link you gave me was much better than the sites I was getting from google.ca. Thanks

]Bonkers[
Antec Solo ; Corsair HX520 ; Gigabyte P35-DS3R (bios F4) ; Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz w/ ThermalRight Ultra 120 (fanless) ; OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB @ 4-4-4-15 ; Western Digital SE16 320GB ; Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB ; XFX 7600GS ; Pioneer DVR-212D ; Win XP Pro SP2 (reduced with nLite) ; Dell 2007WFP (withS-IPS panel)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users