[Release] Directx March 2008 32 and 64 bit versions

This DX is an installer that runs during setup, it doesn't integrate in your Windows.

Especially for Windows XP, it is a waste of CD/DVD space to use the full installers that are presented in this topic.

B)-->

QUOTE(chris.b @ Dec 22 2006, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could take Serebys DirectX Slipstream that integrates only the newest files of the december release.

You have to keep DX in nlite of course and it's a direct Slipstream no silent installer.

It really integrates, replacing files with the newest version (DX december). So it's not an installer. It will hardly use more space on your cd/dvd.

Since it integrates and updates your DX files, it's not meant for Windows2000 since 2000 doesn't have DX.

So the installers in this topic are good for Windows2000. And Sereby's integration pack is good for XP.

Edited by ZileXa

hfslip ^^

I did try that. It made my virgin source smaller and added the newest dx files over the ouder one. But when i did install i got a lot more missing files messages. Should i do the hfslip after in done the nLite thing?

Well i gues i try it later again on my windows drive after i run scandisk en defreg.

Well i'm happy my silent installer works fine :P

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Well in the and i didn't try the hfslip any more.. I simply used my own silent installer (run from runeonce) ore a small addon that add's just the new files to the xp cd. Latest version found here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6010

But hfslip should work to slipstream directx into the xp cd. I didn't got it done my self at that time. Just might work great now!? The hfdlip programs is self explaning if you want to give it a try.

• 10 months later...
yours and redxii's are both Mar 09, what's the DirectX for Managed Code AddOn on redxii's page?

do you have it within yours?

:)

Red's page explains what it is: it's an optional set of runtimes that you can install if you are also installing .NET.

.NET applications that need the DXfMC runtimes are very rare, and DXfMC has been more or less deprecated by Microsoft, so if you don't know if you need it, then you probably don't need it. Red offers DXfMC for people who like to be "complete", and I don't offer DXfMC because I avoid .NET like the plague.