Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XPCREATE 2006

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

krismark

krismark

Format C: Y/N

• Pip
  • 70 posts
Hi GM,

I hope your site is back online soon.

I was extremly excited to see you back & the project continuing.

I have been and tried other methods, but XPCREATE is the best.

Hope all is well . :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

Honor, Courage, Commitment

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
I have recieved the last release version and have posted the link.

Latest xpcreate posted 5th July 2006

http://www.animedema...FTP/XPCTEST.rar

Edited by Shindo_Hikaru, 22 July 2006 - 01:15 AM.

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." - Christopher Reeve

krismark

krismark

Format C: Y/N

• Pip
  • 70 posts
Sorry if this seems impatient,

Can some one post/e-mail Xpcreate 2006 & links for current updates.

GM . Your site is still down

JoeMSFN

JoeMSFN

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

GM . Your site is still down

Hope noone nabs GM's domain. Yesterday it was going nowhere, now (according to netcraft.com) it reverse resolves to www.renewyourname.net

If anyone knows the direct IP for the download, it would be great if it could be posted here.

I knew I should have grabbed it the day I saw his site updated :) At least google cache still has/had the what goes where stuff.

Edited by JoeMSFN, 20 July 2006 - 02:37 AM.

T D

T D

Go MSFN!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Try 216.40.33.31
Didn't work for me though :(
Has anyone got a mirror? Thnx.

shauns

shauns
  • 4 posts
Im new here, but not knew to the internet LOL, the download link isnt working for me. is there any mirrors?

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
I have recived this copy from another member here on MSFN, Latest xpcreate posted 5th July 2006. Have fun. Feel free to view my site as it is currently undergoing expanstion.

http://www.animedema...FTP/XPCTEST.rar
"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." - Christopher Reeve

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Does anyone have a cache copy or official copy of the Updates list an file locations.

Bitfrotter

Bitfrotter

Junior

• Pip
  • 74 posts
Hi Shindo_Hikaru,

Thanks for the XCPREATE download. I am trying it at the moment but there is some information missing. The XPCREATE website is gone. Hopefully it will be back soon. The package is creating all the directories again but now I do not know where to putt all of them. Is there anybody who can provide this information.

Thanks,

Bitfrotter
:thumbup

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
UPDATED LINKS AND I FOUND MY SAVED COPIES OF XPCREATE SITE, SAVED JUNE 10.

http://www.animedema...nt_Hotfixes.htm
http://www.animedema...AID-Drivers.htm
http://www.animedema...-Goes-Where.htm
http://www.animedema...PCREATE_INI.htm
http://www.animedema...ATE/XPCTEST.rar

Edited by Shindo_Hikaru, 23 July 2006 - 09:20 AM.

Mann

Mann

Junior

• Pip
  • 95 posts
Hi GM no offence meant but r u abandoning this latest updated version or r u still working on it.Not replying to all the enquiries regarding u'r site is a bit lame. :no: It seems history is repeating itself again. :blushing:
Sorry if my post is offending u. :angel

Edited by Mann, 24 July 2006 - 09:22 PM.

Bitfrotter

Bitfrotter

Junior

• Pip
  • 74 posts
Hi GM,

I have a similar question as Mann. What is happening with your site. Do you have problems with hosting your site. I am using the previous XPCREATE for a long time now and I am very happy. Thanks to Shindo_Hikaru I have now the July version and starting from scratch. However it is notclear what is changed and where to put all files. There are so many directories created in this new version. Is it possible to publish more information about this new version. Thanks.

Bitfrotter.

PS: I will post my findings with this new version.
B)

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Lets not assault GM, remember that we all have lives which include fun, work, pleasures, and hopefully not but the unfortane incidents. So lets work with what we have and wait for any changes we are already not aware of.

JoeMSFN

JoeMSFN

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Lets not assault GM, remember that we all have lives which include fun, work, pleasures, and hopefully not but the unfortane incidents. So lets work with what we have and wait for any changes we are already not aware of.

I don't think it's his lack of replies that bothers us here... At least for myself, its his domain name not going to the site we want :} . I was truely elated when I saw his new version up one day (away from my home PC). I think "Cool! A new version with a separate folder for dotnet2. I'll grab that a little later when I'm home.", only to become frustrated by his site not resolving to any IP address.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what xpcreate.com used to resolve to? If so, has anyone tried that IP address?

Also Shindo_Hikaru, thank you for posting a 2006 copy of his "current hotfix" list. I only could get Google's stuff , which had some semi-current and some old. And the Internet archive was quite old too.

Edited by JoeMSFN, 24 July 2006 - 11:28 PM.

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
As far as i am aware of this domain is parked for some reason.

Bitfrotter

Bitfrotter

Junior

• Pip
  • 74 posts
@All,

For all of you who have the new version, I have question. I have several updates that will not be slipstreamed and I have them installed via runonceex.cmd. This works fine. I only have 2 updates that I cannot integrate. I will post the names later on.

I believe the 2 mediaplayer updates can be slipstreamed with XPCREATE following one of the posts in this thread with the batch file in SVC-CMD. I tried to integrate both dotnet 1.1 and dotnet 2.0 but after adding dotnetfx.exe version 2.0 the dotnet 1.1 version appears on the Windows Update site.

It seems that XPCreate handles the files correctly because I see the newly created installers but something is happening to appear on the Windows Update site again.

If someone has a workaround or solution please share it with this community. Perhaps it is not possible to get no updates when visiting the Windows Update site but then we want as little as possible.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter
:thumbup

ironside

ironside

• PipPip
  • 214 posts
no workaround, Just put .net framework 1.1 installer into the SVC-DN1 and bob's your mother's brother !

Bitfrotter

Bitfrotter

Junior

• Pip
  • 74 posts
Hi Ironside,

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I think I know what I am doing. I added the files to the directories:

E:\UAXPSP2\SVC-DN1\dotnetfx.exe
E:\UAXPSP2\SVC-DN2\dotnetfx.exe
E:\UAXPSP2\SVC-DNU\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe
E:\UAXPSP2\SVC-DNU\NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe

and yes they are the right ones. After compiling and installing, the .NET Framework 1.1 shows up on the Windows Update site. The other one that shows up is the Windows Genuine Advantage Notifivation KB905474 so I think I have everything in place.

the solution with the xpsetup.cmd file for the 2 mediaplayer updates works. I have them in HF1 and they do not show up on the windows update site.

Maybe if GM reads this, he can provide some information on what is happening. I will upload the logfiles if necessary.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter
:)

Edited by Bitfrotter, 26 July 2006 - 12:11 PM.

Mann

Mann

Junior

• Pip
  • 95 posts
Bitfrotter do you encounter any error message when u open windows media player since u mention that the manage to integrate the 2 mediaplayer updates and those updates does not show up on the windows update site.

Edited by Mann, 31 July 2006 - 10:34 PM.

Bitfrotter

Bitfrotter

Junior

• Pip
  • 74 posts
Hi Mann,

I have not tried this because I am still having problems integrating all the updates and stuff. I started from scratch and now the .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 are installed correctly. It seems that KB905474 is still showing up on the Windows Update. I will try the Mediaplayer as soon as I am at my Home Computer.

Will post results later this evening.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter
:hello:

Mann

Mann

Junior

• Pip
  • 95 posts
did u place the KB905474 at SVC-CF1.ensure thet you use the correct version

Edited by Mann, 01 August 2006 - 07:22 AM.

Bitfrotter

Bitfrotter

Junior

• Pip
  • 74 posts
Hi Mann,

Indeed when starting the Mediaplayer I received an error. Something about a dll that is not the expected version. Also the KB905474 was in SVc-CF1 as was stated on the XPCREATE website. If I have the latest one, I don't know. I downloaded this one from a link in another thread. Can not find it elsewhere.

There is also a thread about KB905474 on this forum on where to place it. This because it shows different on XPCREATE website for W2K and W2K3. I will start all over and try again to incorporate all updates and applications because I had a full up to date cd but now I can't create it again.

Maybe this has also to do with the Genuine Advantage problems that Microsoft introduced. I will also try to create a fully updated W2K3 CD and report back with results.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter
B)

polecat

polecat

• 12 posts
Hi GM not been here for a long long time ! lol

looking at using xpcreate again and seen that you have
XPCREATE.INI - Plug-In XPCDLHFS.CMD

DLURL [Hotfix List Base URL]
URL downloading Hotfix Lists.
Default Value: http://xpcreate.com/members/HFLISTS

how does the hotfix list have to be formatted to work with xpcreate ?

I would host the HF list and I am in the process of setting up a web based
admin for keeping the hotfix list uptodate with some help lol !

weEvil

weEvil

n00b

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
Quick Questions:

Can you integrate things like .NET Frameworks into the installation CD source after it has been nLited?

Does it work with Server 2003? And can it do Service Packs integration as well? Any issues with Server?

If you like to waste money on junk, then buy a CREATIVE® product.

E8400 | P45 | HD4870

Bitfrotter

Bitfrotter

Junior

• Pip
  • 74 posts
Hi Brucevangeorge,

Yes, .NET 1.1 and 2.0 can be integrated and it works for Server 203 also. And again yes is does service pack integration as wel. However after it has been nLited is risky. I have used this tool to create XP and W2K3 cdroms that install unattended with almost all the updates that are necessary.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN